Author Topic: Need to reset the admin password for LinkStation LS-V1.0TL  (Read 3189 times)

berniechen626

• Calf
Need to reset the admin password for LinkStation LS-V1.0TL
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »

Hi, my LinkStation using default user name and password: admin/password. But did not know some guy changed my password and can't login web admin.

I saw the forum and maybe you have recovery program I can reset password. Or is this box has the reset button? Please give me help.

The SN: 95836510200082. My email: berniechen626@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot! 

Bernie

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Need to reset the admin password for LinkStation LS-V1.0TL
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:47:00 AM »
The instructions to reset the admin username and password are in the manual. I suggest you read it :-)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

berniechen626

• Calf
The problem fixed, Thanks!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 02:48:14 AM »

THanks for your answer!

I tried to reset using funtion key as on maunal, but did not work.

So following the forum,  force update firmware in EM and debug mode. And the user name and password back to default. 

Anyway, thank you for all information on the forum and I love Buffalo!

wenlez

• Calf
Re: The problem fixed, Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

did the  password reset on the web portal?

I started my LS-WVL2.0 in EM mode by pressing the function button for 10 seconds, turn on and release and press again.  That allow me to update firmed with the default password during firmware update. But I still can't login to to my unit. I can't seems to figure how it stopped working and how to get it fix now.

vensubra

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:08:53 AM »

I had a similar issue with my Linkstation LS-DH500GL. 

There's a 'Red' reset button in the back.

Press the button for a few seconds, it's done.

BTW, in my case, I have cleaned up my entire NAS and starting witha fresh backup, not sure, if this has an impact if you are trying with 'live' data.

jkwilborn

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 12:07:32 PM »

Bernie, The instructuions in the manual do work, just a little cryptic.  The answer of "in the manual, suggest you read it" is of limited use, since I for one lost my manual in a flood.  A link or how to find the manual is better is much more useful.  You can get a copy of the manual going to the home page of Buffalo then to documentation.  There you enter the model number and so forth...

It would help when you log in if the Buffalo people would have a list of Model number and not the name of the product.  As I don't remember such things and I look on the back to guide me.  If they had the name along with the model, it would be much better.

It seems like you have solved it via other paths, I just wanted to let you know I did do it via the manual instructions.  I had to do it a couple of times as it isn't clear when you hold down the button and when you just press the button...

Jack