Author Topic: Buffalo DriveStation External USB 2.0TB Hard Drive failing to start, making whirring noise.  (Read 1427 times)

harrykent94

• Calf

I have recently purchased the Buffalo DriveStation External USB 2.0TB Hard Drive only about six months ago and I am having problems with it already.
When I attach the USB connecter to my PC, the light no longer shows and there is a quiet whirring noise from the hard drive.
It smells slightly of burning so I am worried that it has overheated completely but I am hoping that there is a better answer to my problem.

The Hard Drive is still within its two year warranty but I ordered online so I do not have a receipt and the purchase is not showing up on my online bank statement so I'm not sure what the chances are of getting a replacement or a repair :(

If anyone has any idea what could be wrong other than the possible overheating some guidance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks a bunch.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
PSU or something else burned out, contact your local support directly for a replacement.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!