Author Topic: Flashing red LEDs, NASNAVI says E16 error on LS-WX1.0TL/R1, what next?  (Read 2427 times)

kevins

• Calf

I have a LS-WX1.0TL/R1 purchased in May 2010.  It is running the 1.26 firmware.  We have been having intermittent problems where the NAS is not showing up on the network to the three PCs we have (2 running Win7, 1 running Win8).  If I shut down the device and turn it back on I start seeing the red flashing LED errors one one and six short.  When I connect to the device from NASNAVI it shows a red triangle with the message that there is an E16 error.

I can currently see all of my data on the drive.  Is it in the process of failing?  What are my next steps?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Flashing red LEDs, NASNAVI says E16 error on LS-WX1.0TL/R1, what next?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
First backup your data and upgrade to the latest firmware (1.64)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

kevins

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:05 PM »

Well, when I got home from work today  to try the above, I discovered tha that the Linkstation Mini Duo now has a solid red light, no fan moving,  I have powercycled it a couple of times to no effect.  I have removed and reseated both drives.  I failed to mention that they were in a Raid 1 configuration in my first post. I have no idea what to do next.

I am inclined to remove the HDDs and try to mount them to a lInux box to see what shape the drives are in.  Are there any tricks to doing this?

kevins

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 11:41:12 AM »

Let me add even more to this:

I used UFS Explorer to copy my Media (important data) from DISK 1 to an external USB HDD and verified that the data on the drive copied to is there and usable.  So at the very least I have the latest copy of my data.

So now I am back to the problem of an unresponsive chasis (red light, no fan).  Is this current state recoverable from a hardware perspective?