Author Topic: Cannot connect to view shares  (Read 4779 times)

ascatdriver

• Calf
Cannot connect to view shares
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:28:30 AM »

I have a HS DHTGL71 Terastation

I had to rebuild my XP based Dell PC and cannot now connect the pc to the Terastation

I can see it on the other two pc's on the network through the router so it is clearly on the network.  When I try to use the software to "connect pc to Terastation"  I get an error message that indicates that the drive was not mapped or shares do not exist.  When I review shares in the web browser they appear to exist, no users are restricted and windows is enabled.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Cannot connect to view shares
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:31:16 AM »

Try to remove all your antivirus and firewall software, then try to map to it via IP address for example \\ip_of_nas\folder name

ascatdriver

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »

Tried it without AV and Firewall switched off and still cannot see the drive

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

ScottP

• Tatanka
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 08:04:52 AM »

What is the error message you receive when trying Paul's steps above?

On your computer, just go to a Run prompt (never mind the software on the CD), and type in a double backslash (\\) and the IP address of your NAS product.  For example, if my TeraStation's IP address was 192.168.11.150, I would type in \\192.168.11.150 in the run prompt.

When you do this, the system should either bring up a list of the shares, or display an error message.  If it's the latter, please provide the error message that you get, and this should help us determine what could be causing it.