Author Topic: Windows 7 cannot map LinkStation live network storage  (Read 3376 times)

AnttiH

• Calf
Windows 7 cannot map LinkStation live network storage
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:11:12 AM »

Really annoying problem here. My Win 7 cannot map network drive (Linkstation Live 1TB). I can access it with FTP, it shows as media drive under explorer. Also my XP computer can access it without any problems, even my PS3 can access it. But when I try to simply  just map it under network. It just informs that cannot map.

I've checked Win share restriction options all to disabled. I've checked that time is same on both devices, they both are in same workgroup and I've even done regedit to LmCompatibility.. (tried both 1 and 2)

Any ideas?

-A

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Windows 7 cannot map LinkStation live network storage
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »

File and printer sharing appears not to be working or enabled on your PC, check with the PC manufacturer, this is not an issue with the Linkstation itself.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

AnttiH

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:43 AM »

but older version of  Linkstation worked like charm, before lightning broke it. Sorry, forgot to add that here

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 05:07:27 AM »

if you can access the shares from multiple PC's and OS's apart from one then the issue is not the Linkstation, however reset the unit to dfaults via the GUI (system -> Restore /Erase -> Restore Linkstation to Factory Defaults)

This will reset the configuration of the unit to default but does not effect the data.

Failing that contact the PC manufacturer.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

AnttiH

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 05:38:00 AM »

Yep, sorry my bad writings. I'm not blaming the Linkstation from these problems, I understand that I have some problem in my Win 7 (or PC, which I doubt). I was just wondering if someone has bumped into same problems. I'll try to restore settings, but I suspect that it won't help since I haven't changed any settings after purchase.

Just realized one thing. All data added to this Linkstation was done by PC store. They saved my data from that old Linkstation to this new one. Could it be somekinda file system difference error? But how could it not be problem in XP?

AnttiH

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 12:12:35 AM »

Nothing seems to help. I was working with this last evening, but nope. Filesystem is not the problem. It has to be something in Windows configuration. Problem is that I have no idea what next. My comptence is lacking something :-)