Author Topic: Linkstation LS-XL EM Mode  (Read 7601 times)

Thunderfunk

• Calf
Linkstation LS-XL EM Mode
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »

I have a Linkstation Live LS-XL 3TB Drive (i.e. the one with no reset or fuction button on it) and I want to boot it to Engineering Mode/Emergency Mode to force-update the firmware and effectively reset the admin account after a sharer of the hard drive changed and forgot the admin password.  However, I'm a bit confused as to how to go about this.

I've spent the past few hours going through many forums and sites (including here) and gleaned that I should power up and unplug the hard drive 3-5 times to reach EM mode, but that hasn't worked.  On a tangential note, I've already tried to flash the firmware with LSUpdater but it keeps asking me for that very admin password that none of us know.  Therefore, I'm not sure what to do from here.

Please can anybody help me?

yehoudin

• Calf
Re: Linkstation LS-XL EM Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »

just insert the power cable and remove it exactly after 60seconds. reinsert it, after 50 secs the blue led show glow permanently. i had to try this lots of times, maybe because the networkcable was also removed. then i connected with ethernt cable an inserted the power cable, and the the thing was in EM mode.