Author Topic: Problem with my Buffalo 2tb external HD  (Read 2566 times)

InstantFlash

• Calf
Problem with my Buffalo 2tb external HD
« on: January 11, 2013, 04:35:15 PM »

I have a problem with my external Hard drive, a few days ago this pc stopped detecting it, the cables are all still connected and the Hard drives light is still on and if I remove the usb connecting it to the laptop the light goes off then when inserting the cable again it comes back on so the drives detecting the latop but the laptop isnt detecting th drive. I tried a few ideas posted here and even went to My computer>Manage but the drive isnt listed with this laptops other drives anymore. I also tried changing the usb cable to that of my printers which uses the same type and still my laptop wont detect it anymore. As far as i know nothing should be lost cause the drive is still funtioning like it was before. Any Help would be appreciated.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Problem with my Buffalo 2tb external HD
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 04:50:34 PM »

Have you tried connecting it to a different computer? What is the model number of the USB HD?

InstantFlash

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 04:58:31 PM »

Buffalo DriveStation 2.0TB USB 2.0 External Hard Disk Drive

Got this device off amazon. and as for another pc at this moment i only have this laptop,my main pc is due for repairs on tuesday.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »

You should first check the drive by plugging into a different computer, just in case the USB port of the laptop went out.  Also, you gave me the description. You could also try using a different USB port on that laptop. 

Can you tell if the HD is moving inside, when the light is on?

The model number would be something like HD-xxx

InstantFlash

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:10:01 PM »

well it does make some sound like its loading like a pc does, but the usb on this laptop isnt the problem cause i have headset and mouse plugged in the other 2 and they work fine and I have switched the HD to those other 2 ports before but still no luck.

This device has the Model number: HD-LB2.0TU2-EU

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:12:27 PM »

Sorry, It sounds like the logic board is working - hence the light comes on when you connect the USB to laptop, but the HD has failed. I would contact your local Buffalotech support if within warranty and ask for a replacement.

InstantFlash

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:30:15 PM »

Im guessing my data is gone then, theres no wayt to get it back? to be honest most of what was on their was stuff I can easily download and get back like music and pdcasts and MMO games save online so not much important was lost.

cw

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »

You can recover it by getting a free program by EaseUS it is a recovery tool that works great . cw