Author Topic: Windows 8 64 - Buffalo apps won't install  (Read 1962 times)

rtroys

• Calf
Windows 8 64 - Buffalo apps won't install
« on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »

I can't get the software and optional software to install on windows 8; Have a HD-WLU3R1 DriveStation.

a couple of days ago there was win8 software to download from site, but it is now gone; What's up ... does this work with Windows 8 or not ? and where can i get a downloadable version of the software to install

I can get backup utility or novabackup (from what i'm seeing on the cd) to install and to actuall use the darn thing.

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Windows 8 64 - Buffalo apps won't install
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 04:02:10 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, we should be releasing and posting an update for this product's utilities and applications, for Win8. I don't have an exact date for this.

BH442

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 08:05:42 PM »

I'm having similar issues with a LinkStation Duo I just purchased. I can't even get the NovaStore backup utility to install on a new x64 Windows 8 PC. Is there an ETA on the software upgrade needed to address this issue? 

anega

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 07:30:41 AM »

This is terrible, I just bought a new laptop and the only device that I have been unable to install is my LS-CHL1.0TR , it is quite amazing that Buffalo had not yet released an app that actually worked on this OS, since almost all PCs now come running W8. How can I get even a beta for the software?

The File Explorer on desktop mode detects the NAS but the connection is not always available, and all apps I have tried on the graphic side dont detect the NAS.