Author Topic: Windows XP doesn't recognize the MiniStation  (Read 4146 times)

drc405

• Calf
Windows XP doesn't recognize the MiniStation
« on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:22 PM »

I've got a HD-PS320U2 and run WXP Pro on my PC. I've attached the USB to the MiniStation and it does turn green and run. I can't find the drive in "my computer".

I did not install any software related to Ministation. What's up?

kevin

• El Toro
Re: Windows XP doesn't recognize the MiniStation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

-Try plugging both USB cords in!

If that doesn't help:

-Go Start> Run> "diskmgmt.msc", You will see a top half and bottom half, Do you see the drive listed as Disk 1 or higher in the bottom half?

drc405

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:05:42 AM »

I've tried plugging both in. No change.

Yes, it's there as "disk 1"

What can I do now?

Thanks,

nicbot

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 12:26:34 PM »

You may need to initialize the disk or format it before XP will recognize it.  Probably just initialize if you didn't get prompted when you first plugged it in.

In Disk Management, just right click on the disk and select initialize if the option is there.  If the option is not there, right click the disk and select 'Format'.  Choose your desired settings, and there you go.

Good luck!

pete136

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 10:29:53 AM »
   I am having the same problems with my ministation HD-PFU2. It is not showing up in My Computer. But when I go to Disk Management and right click on disk 1 the option for initialize and or format is not the their. I'm running XP Pro and the only options given are properties, help and convert to dynamic disk (which is in grey and not selectable). Any ideas?

nicbot

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 12:35:45 PM »
   In disk managemnet what color does it lable your disk in question?  Also, what 'File System' and 'Status' does Windows recognize it as in the upper pane of disk management?