Author Topic: Linkstation Live LS-CHL 500GB - 7 flashes - Problem with motherboard  (Read 12290 times)

Dude187

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live LS-CHL 500GB - 7 flashes - Problem with motherboard
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 02:36:29 PM »

I have the 1tb of this drive and have not used it for a few months. I turned it on and started flashing red 7 times. On reading the manual there is no reference to 7 flashes.

So I went on an internet search and was very annoyed as it would appear that the motherboard is broken and some threads say to flash the board.

I was about to try this but it was under guarantee so searched the house and found the receipt. So started to disconnect and pack the drive to take back to Comet. In the box were foreign plug connectors and I noticed when I unplugged the plug it was not one that could accept the foreign plugs. I then check all the plugs as my router modem and buffalo drive all have the same plug end. One said buffalo on the bottom so I had plugged the in the wrong power cable. I connected back up with the right adapter and HEY PRESTO back in action.

So before you do anything drastic CHECK THE POWER ADAPTER SAYS BUFFALO on the bottom.

honeyridges

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Live LS-CHL 500GB - 7 flashes - Problem with motherboard
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 04:28:23 AM »

Fantastic spot -  just saved me chucking my LS-CHL 2.0TB unit in the bin. I couldn't find much reference to the 7 flashes issue which in my case occurred after I inadvertently disconnected the power while swapping some plugs over. After reading this post and checking the power adaptor in use, it turned out I'd plugged the router adaptor into the Buffalo NAS.

7 flashes appears to mean (possible amongst other things) insufficient power supply.

Thanks for posting.