Author Topic: Web access quit on me  (Read 1286 times)

factorx691

• Calf
Web access quit on me
« on: December 08, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »
LS-WV2.0TL/R1 - US - firmware 1.63 

Initially I had the WebAccess going and I was able to access the drive and upload some photos from my mother-in-law's house. Half way in the middle I was disconnected from the NAS and haven't been able to connect remotely to it since.

When I try to access the Nas either via buffalonas.com or the direct IP address remotely it just times out, buffalonas resolves the expected IP address and port but nada.  

I also sadly have to add that my router is not exactly cooperating, the only way I can seem to get ports open to view them on canyouseeme.org is via uPNP which is how I originally had the drive configured before this hiccup. On the NAS currently my settings are as follows:

WebAccess Service: Enabled, Use BuffaloNas.com: Enabled, Auto-configure Firewall (UPNP): Disabled, External Port 49141 (the same as the uPNP was originally using and canyouseeme shows it as open), Internal 9007. 

I just recently updated the firmware as well on the NAS from 1.56 as my last troubleshooting stab.

Router is a WRT300n v1.1 using DD-WRT v24-sp2. 

**Edit: Not to add more to my already long post but the NAS is setup with a static IP address, and yes it can be accessed locally via either of my PCs and my phone. The device about 3 weeks young. 

factorx691

• Calf
Re: Web access quit on me
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:33 PM »

BUMP - Still no luck

cristen_

• Tatanka
Re: Web access quit on me
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
Instead of setting the ports to the same ones used by UPnP, for both the internal and external NAS ports, set this to 9000. After forwarding port 9000 to the IP address of your Linkstation, are you still experiencing the same issues? If you are, please PM me your buffalonas.com name so that I can test things on my side here.