Author Topic: Problem with Buffalo Portable HD Model HD-PXT1TU2  (Read 5677 times)

itsmerock

• Calf
Problem with Buffalo Portable HD Model HD-PXT1TU2
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:47 PM »

Hi, My Buffalo Portable HDD is unable to detect my windows and I tried several PCs with the same OS, I noticed when I plug my Buffalo, its install "initio default controller" instead of Buffalo driver / firmware. Why does it so? 

I search some answer on the internet but I'm afraid to try and test, it has important files on it and may lead to corruption of the data.

Some answer I found, the enclosure needs replacement because the bridge might compromise and lose connection from the hard disk inside of the enclosure or try to remove that bridge and plug in directly the hard disk. Other one is try to put in the freezer for 12 hours and test And I'm found hundred of them with the same problem with Buffalo.

Please I'm need help for Buffalo Tech Team. :)

Hope for your reply soon. Thanks. :))

Rocky Gonzales
Philippines

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Problem with Buffalo Portable HD Model HD-PXT1TU2
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:02:47 AM »

does it appear in disk management or device manager?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

itsmerock

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »

It's doesnt show in disk management / device manager? I don't know what is the problem? when I plugged the device it's always install and detect by initio default controller. I don't want test any drastic measure like disassembly of device but it might get worse. I have to retrieve all my files there. Is Buffalo offer such services like file recovery / retrieval for this matter?

Please I'm need help for Buffalo Tech Team. :)

Hope for your reply soon. Thanks. :))

Rocky Gonzales
Philippines

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 07:42:54 AM »

Buffalo dont offer data recovery, you would need to contact a third party company in your region for this. If its not detected in disk management then the unit needs to be disassembled.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

itsmerock

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »

Well, that's sad. Seagate and Western Digital offers File Receovery and Retrieval to simple and worst case scenario. I didn't expect that from hardware company mainly focus on storage and peripherals . - that's really strange. 

Well, I leave no choice but to try third party file recovery company ( maybe ). 

Do you have good, legit and trusted third party file recovery company in mind?

Thanks. :))

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 07:56:07 AM »

nope, however Buffalo usually recommend DriveSavers. Next time ensure you kepp a backup of any important files.

itsmerock

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:02:50 AM »

i will keep it in my mind. Next time even if this is my 2nd portable hard disk from Buffalo went wrong. The life span of Buffalo HD is to short. I didn't expect that. It's quite expensive here in Asia region. I thought it will be good one.

Anyway, thanks for the solicit advise. Now, I need to stop my search in Google for possible solution. Just quite sad it will end like that. :))

prash12

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 03:49:00 PM »
Hi
I have the same problem, did any able to recover the files please let me know.