Author Topic: Terrastation Live HS-DH1.0TGL/R5  (Read 2589 times)

weid

• Calf
Terrastation Live HS-DH1.0TGL/R5
« on: December 01, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »

So I have an old Terrastation live that has been collecting dust.... Have plugged it in and got DLNA working with my LG Tv which is cool, but can't get the mac to access it... It can see it  in NAS navigator but when I click on it nothing happens. So obvioaulsy time machine isn't working... But the PC see's it fine and all works well...

Was hoping to get it working with 4 Gig drives and make sure all  works and then swap out the drives for larger ones.. Or do I just save my time and replace this with something current that works out of the box?

Seems that from Google there are issue switch new Apple releases with getting fixes from buffalo...

So I figured I'd ask here first before I spend any more time or money on this

John

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Terrastation Live HS-DH1.0TGL/R5
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 05:41:40 AM »

What OS are you using?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

weid

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:36:59 AM »

one clarification... I hope to get it working with the origional 4 250 Gig drives and then upgrade to larger drives assuming everything works

My new Mac as well as my Mac Mini is Lion 10.7.5

weid

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 09:38:07 AM »

Also i'm looking at this page for getting time machine to work... but not sure if I'm even ready for thsi since I can't seem to see the files on the drive on teh mac as it is today

http://www.mactimes.info/2009/05/how-to-use-time-machine-with-buffalo.html

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:03:47 AM »

The unit is not complatible with your OS, you only option would be to use FTP.

Time Machine is not and was not ever possible on this Terastation.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

weid

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »

oh wait maybe that didn't answer all my questions...

so thats good to know I can't use time machine.. .but shouldn't I be able to see the items on the drive? for examle i have some movies on there but when i click on the drive in NAS Navigator 2 it just goes away.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:54 AM »

Read this:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Mac-OS-10-7-Lion-can-t-connect-with-LinkStation-LS-WX2-0TL-R1/m-p/57114/highlight/true#M33457

This is for your NAS too, its no longer supported on 10.7/10.8, there are a few workarounds metioned in the article that should help you though.