Author Topic: Buffalo NAS Link station LS-CH1.0TL not visible after changing my router  (Read 8808 times)

rajeshsv

• Calf

Hi,

I have recently changed my old router and replaced it with a new Asus RT N66U. Once I got this i tried to plug in my NAS to the router and it was not visible on the network. After a lot of google I found that it might be due to the IP address on a different subnet and hence I performed the Factory reset to reset all the configuration settings of NAS without loosing any data. (My NAS was working fine till a week before. For changing the router i had to remove my NAS and wait for about 4 days till the new router arrived. The status LED is always blinking now)

Pressed the function key and switched on the power button to ON state.

Then pressed the function key again and the status LED began to blink. After about a minute or 2 NAS was rebooted.

But still no luck i could not find my NAS on the network or the NAS Navigator 2 program could not detect it. Tried the firmware updater and it could not find the NAS as well.

Am stuck on how to proceed further.I am not a networking geek but if you can put in the steps I can perform them. 

I dont want to loose the data on the hard drive, so if there is any way i can get this data some tools or some other mechanism please do let me know as well. 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Buffalo NAS Link station LS-CH1.0TL not visible after changing my router
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:33:09 AM »

if you connect the Linkstation directly to the PC with an ethernet cable can the Nas Navigator software detect it?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

rajeshsv

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 05:16:20 AM »

No, I did try that as well. Even if i connect it directly using a ethernet cable to my PC i cannot detect my NAS.

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:06 AM »

what is the status of the power LED? Is it solid or flashing? Blue, orange or red?

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

rajeshsv

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 05:28:15 AM »

The Status LED is flashing and the color is Blue.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 06:39:38 AM »

then it's stuck in a boot up loop, follow FAQ 1 of 5 to get it into EM mode and reinstall the firmware.

rajeshsv

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:49:53 AM »

Thanks for the reply. Can you give me the link on FAQ 1 to 5.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 07:05:48 AM »

rajeshsv wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Can you give me the link on FAQ 1 to 5.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/FAQ-1-of-5-EM-Mode-boot-procedures/td-p/100313

rajeshsv

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »

Thanks for the link. I did try FAQ 1 of 5 and was not successful. It says to try the TFTP method and was not successful with that too. 

I had my OS boot in safe mode with networking so that the firewall and antivirus are not blocking my NAS. I just see my NAS showing my a flashing blue light on the top.

I would try the TFTP method once agian tonite and see if it works. Else what other alternatives do i have

rajeshsv

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »

Hi,

I have tried FAQ 1 of 5 and the TFTP boot number of times but was not successful. 

My NAS is not visible on the NAS Navigator and the blue light keeps flashing.

Please help me out on how i could get my NAS back to life.

Thanks in advance