Author Topic: TeraStation all files are read only  (Read 4724 times)

zjones1

• Calf
TeraStation all files are read only
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:21:00 AM »
   I have a TeraStation 1TB NAS on my home network and everything I put on it becomes read only.  The share folder is set to read/write and the drives are formated XFS.  Everytime I change the attributes so they are not read nly they automatically change back.  How do I fix this?

Colin137

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation all files are read only
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:21:48 PM »
Make sure you have the latest firmware, reset it to defaults, and format the raid array. There is probably some corruption on the drive.

rx8pilot

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »
   I'm having the same issue....is starting over really the solution? The device is new, FW current, just formatted the RAID. If this is really the solution.....I will never buy a Buffalo device again.

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »

Which device do you have, and what firmware version?

How are you loading files on the device (saving from an application, or drag and drop) ?

rx8pilot

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 08:11:33 PM »

LS pro duo FW 3.09. RAID 1 Mirror config.

Some files were dumped from various PC's and MACs. Many were changed via applications working directly from the disk.

I can read/write only in the root directory of the share. I sure hope you can help!

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 08:10:21 AM »
An initialization should not harm the data on the device. Nuking the RAID should be a last resort so try the initialization first and then take the other steps as necessary. Again, removal of the RAID should be the last resort.

rx8pilot

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 11:03:01 AM »
   I did an initialization and it had no impact. FYI, I had it set to keep the password but it reset it anyway. 

Colin137

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 10:54:52 PM »

I really don't know why the files would suddenly turn read-only, aside from RAID or filesystem corruption. Pull the data off one share, delete the share, then recreate it.

The password reset option only affects behavior when resetting from the reset or function button, not resetting from the interface.