Author Topic: Having trouble accessing Buffalo's iTunes server from other devices  (Read 2158 times)

a1lawng

• Calf

I have a D-Link DIR-655 router with a LS-WX2.0TL Linkstation. I've finally been able to get the Buffalo MediaServer to work and it's pretty awesome. Now I'm trying to get the iTunes server up and running but I haven't had any luck. It randomly appears and disappears in iTunes on my Mac and PC. Sometimes it will appear there and when I click on it it disappears. I also have Roku Soundbridge that is able to play music shared via iTunes on my computers, but I can't see the Buffalo iTunes server from the Soundbridge. I will say, though, that the Soundbridge also sometimes can't see iTunes media that's being shared on my computers, so that might indicate an issue with theb router. I just can't find anything else that I can do with the router to make the Buffalo iTunes server work correctly, so I'm wondering if there's anything I'm not thinking of in the Buffalo setup. I've enabled the iTunes server and chosen a folder that contains music files and it seems like that should be the end of it, but none of my devices are seeing it at all.

Any thoughts? Anyon using iTunes server on a Buffalo NAS with a DIR-655 router successfully?

Thanks.

DeWe

• Calf
HiRe: Having trouble accessing Buffalo's iTunes server from other devices
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 04:34:42 PM »

Hi,

the Soundbridge works fine with the Firefly Server (or othername mt-daapd or in the Linkstation iTunes Server). I can't test anymore, because my M1001 is dead in teh meantime.

ITunses: Pls look here and give my your voice, that Buffalo will replace the mt-daapd agains a working Daemon

mt-daapd > itunes > forked-daapd