Author Topic: raid1_mount_error  (Read 4169 times)

ikram

• Calf
raid1_mount_error
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »
hi everyone.

my buffalo terastation get problem..

1- disk4_broken_error : i shut down the terastation then pick up the disk4 , start back the terastation ( running on 3 hard disk ) . i send the broken drive to vendor to claim back new hard disk. after 1 week, vendor gv me back new hard disk. i just put the new hard disk without shutdown the terastation . then press function button for rebuild array. after 1 day, the terastation showing storage not available, disk1 also error, disk1_mount_error . now my terastation cannot operate like usual.

is that i doing wrong step ? anyone pls help me.

what exactly happen if i'm using web browser to rebuild raid array under system option ?

info- buffalo terastation TS-RXL .
- firmware 1.54

thanks in advance for anyone help ..

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: raid1_mount_error
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 02:07:39 AM »

Ok, First thing is first, there is a new update for your firmware.

Now, In system and storage, which disks are showing error, does it allow you to Fotmat or dismount the disks?

ikram

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:12 AM »

ok.. lets me explain clearly..

raid5..

disk1     error

disk2     array1

disk3     array1

disk4     array1

in raid array1 option..showing..

rebuild raid array  , delete raid array, cancel

i just think how i can rebuild or repair raid array without lossing any data because disk1 actually the good one,

disk4 only the replacement drive.. how can disk1 error ? i replace the disk4 after a week while the tera still run with 3 drive only..is that not good ?

answer yout quest .. cannot format, only remove disk1, no option for dismount..

hope u can help !

thank you in advance..

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:05:31 AM »

To be on the safe side, back up your data first, Restart the Ts,  see if you get the same error message., It seems to me when you repaced the HDD4 Raid rebuild went fine, but, hdd 1 must have shown errors during the Raid Check process. then update the Firmware.

ikram

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:15:49 AM »

the problem, i cant acces using windows to backup the folder..

do u have any idea to backup ?

and if i update firware to 1.57.. is that my data will loss ?

thank you for fast reply..

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:52:46 AM »

ok, first open EI or Crome and type \\ ip address of the TS\ Name of the folder, see if you can access that way

99.9% FW update doesnt affect your data, but you should have a back up regardless, anyway.Also, did you restarted the Terrastation?

ikram

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 06:12:51 PM »

i already restart the TS but nothing changes, still same. by the way sir, i try to use mozila to acces folder in TS and also can't.

i have another TS in good condition and i try to access using mozila and i can access all the folder ..

i also want upadate the FW , but until now i no idea how to access all the folder to backup..

really appreciate your help sir..

thank you!

ikram

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »

ok..now TS screen show hd 2 :3 raid5 hd 1 normal is that any idea to make hd 1 become raid5 again ? without loss data ?

Thank you so  much !