Author Topic: TS-H4.0TGL/R5 Newbie Question.  (Read 8062 times)

RTamer

• Calf
Re: TS-H4.0TGL/R5 Newbie Question.
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 06:29:12 AM »

Ok, I found the commander (took all of 2min) and will try it as is, but I'll try to get my hands on two more drives just in case.

I'll let you all know if I blow it up or not.

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 06:39:20 AM »

I just got my TS-H4.0TGL   I ll have a go at it with 1 Hdd over the weekend

RTamer

• Calf
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 07:52:03 AM »

That sounds great.  Then I have someone to give me good tips with this.

Thanks again!

RTamer

• Calf
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 12:39:56 PM »

Well, I've learned alot about this system in the last couple of hours.

- One thing is certain, all four drives must be in the system.  I used 3x 500GB WD's, 1x 1TB WD.

- If you use different size drives, you'll get an E14 array error.  No problem, in the GUI delete all arrays and set up single drives, then start the box again.

- Having to first install the v1.33 before v1.35 is a pain.  Had an error authenticating the password from the Terastation.

- It takes just short of forever to install everything, but it's worth it.

- Got v1.35 up and running.  Not sure what the Japanese were thinking, but they could have made english or german the first language on the web interface.

- Between the Terastation and the two Linkstations, it makes the home network fun and interesting.

The wife is gonna be a bit upset when the four new 1TB drives show up here.  Flowers aren't gonna help this time!

Thanks for all of the help!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 05:55:51 AM »

tested this myself on my unit, it cannot be done on 1 HDD alone. 4 HDDs are needed for the inital installation.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

RTamer

• Calf
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 10:32:09 AM »

But definitely a sweet system to have in the house.  Between this and the two Linkstations, I believe I have it covered.

I do alot of photography, and all of my photos are in raw format, so they're pretty good in size.  Got tired of all the usb drives real fast and was looking for a solution to get it all in one spot.  As soon as my new drives get here I'll be even happier!

I'm still gonna have alot of questions though.  Not too sure about this XFS format.  I've never worked with it, and am looking for a "just in case" possibility to read it on a windows computer.  The only linux computer that I have is for my CNC machine, and I don't know much about linux... just the program I use for cutting.

RTamer

• Calf
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »

Thank you very much Brian.  I have never had a problem paying for the software that I use, and do appreciate the help finding something.

Have a good night, and thanks again.

(I just saw the prices, and I don't believe that 40,- euro is much to ask for something like that.  Very good!)