Author Topic: LS-WXSL Firmware update available, but no way to do it  (Read 3099 times)

colinwray32

• Calf
LS-WXSL Firmware update available, but no way to do it
« on: November 05, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »

My Linkstation Mini LS-WXSL1.0TB is flagging up "Firmware Update Available" but my current firmware V1.61 has no way to start the update.

Previous updates were actioned by logging in to the main admin page and clicking on a link in the lefthand column. There is a link saying "New Firmware Available" which leads to the System/Maintenance page, but the is no offer of the firmware update there.

The downloads centre has nothing available for this model, so it can't be done remotely.

Does anyone have a clue to this conundrum ?

wreeve

• Calf
Re: LS-WXSL Firmware update available, but no way to do it
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »

I have exactly the same problem with v1.61 on an LS-QVL.

The yellow light is on, I log into the web interface, click on "Firmwave Update Available" and it goes to System - Maintenance page, but there is no indication of firmware update.

CanalDigger

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:10:25 AM »

I went to the support download page and the Firmware 1.62 was on the page ( I have firmware 1.61 atm).

This is for my LS-V2.0TL.

The read me file for the firmware might help explain though. 

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c85091/ls_series-162_readme_en.txt

***EDIT: However, after applying the update, and restarting afterwards, the Orange LED light is still showing and I am still recieving notifications about a new firmware.

Xero1

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »

Exactly the same with my LS-XL, thought I was going mad. I also ran the stand alone upgrade which has upgraded the firmware but still getting the message???

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »

Notice for Linkstation owners, LS-V and LS-X series. If you have Firmware 1.61-to update to 1.62, this requires a manual download of the 1.62 firmware from the Buffalo Technology download site: http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads

Select your product, save the file, run the .exe file, then select your linkstation to be upgraded to 1.62. Do not turn off the linkstation during the upgrade. Always use a wired connection when upgrading firmware (not wireless) and always back up your data prior to installing firmware on any storage product.

michaeljwestii

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »

My LS-WXSL is already on 1.62 but getting the upgrade available message.  Is there a 1.63 out there somewhere?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »

1.63 just came out last week in the US. It provides performance enhancements.

michaeljwestii

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »

Actually the box downloaded and applied the update using the firmware update menu so all is good.

phcaptjim

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »

How long did the firmware update take?

Mine has been on this step for a long time:

Progress: The machine must be restarted to enable the firmware settings. Please wait until the restart process is complete.

wreeve

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 02:41:35 PM »

Downloaded v1.62 and manually installed using the included updater. Then went back to download site and downloaded v1.63 and installed it using the included updater. Now, the yellow indicator is off and everything seems to be working okay.

kevinbeijing

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 08:52:09 PM »

I'm in the same boat - except that after a while I restarted my brouser (after reading some other posts)... welp, might have been a mistake. No I can't get the box to respond. Restarted the box *pulled power cord - don't know what to do now. Not 'bricked' I hope.

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 09:53:59 AM »

Led light status, also Nas navigator giving any error messages?