Author Topic: Re: Can't access Linkstation Quad (LS-Q1.0TL/R5)  (Read 4878 times)

wildbunch3

• Calf
Re: Can't access Linkstation Quad (LS-Q1.0TL/R5)
« on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

I recently purchased model (LS-Q1.0TL/R5).  I have installed two Seagate 3TB drives in the enclosure and I am not able to connect it to my network.  The dive enclosure has green lights on for the drives, a solid blue power light, and a blinking light on the back for network connection.  I am using a linksys E3000 Wireless Router, my laptop system is windows 7.  I have disabled the firewall, and I still can't see it on the network. 

The NasNavigator cannot locate the Buffalo Quad, but it keeps finding the linkstation Duo.

I have disconnected the duo in an effort to see if it is conflicting with the quad but I still can't locate it on the network.

Any help or ideas would be great.  I am at a loss for ideas...

Thank You -

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:20:04 AM »

Are you able to ping the Linkstation?

wildbunch3

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »

At first I could not ping the device.  I managed to follow the steps for the TFTP process.  I was able to locate the quad device, and attempted to update the firm ware for the device.  I received an error message and the firware update did not complete.  I then went and activated my wifi card obtained an ip address from my router, and plugged the quad nas into the router.

When I ran the Nas Navigator it was visible but stuck in EM Mode.  I attempted the firmware update again.  I received the same "ACAP_....." error and it would not complete.  I alos could not open web access to run firmware through it.  I restarted the quad nas thinking this would remove the EM Mode and allow me to access it.  Well it removed the EM Mode and the quad NAS from the network. 

I now seem to be back at sqare 1.  I think it has something to do with the drives or firmware needing to be partioned and formated, but I don't know..

wildbunch3

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:11 AM »
I just viewed the FAQ for forcing a firmware update, i noticed that i didn't set the .ini file for the update. I will try that option.

wildbunch3

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »

Ok, I am still having issues.  The firmware version of the ---- and I can's seem to get it updated.  This is what I have done so far.

A - I have managed to login/access the drive using the TFPT process.

B - I have used the LSUpdater to update the firmware.  I have managed to use the Debuging mode to remove the requirements for the version check.

C - I have removed all of the drives, and inserted on 1 of the SATA drives after I have plugged it into my Windows 7 box and removed the partions so it is listed as a 3TB unallocated space drive.

D - When I applied the LSUpdater I keep receiving the error "ACP_STATE_FAILURE", then the update stops and quits.

E - I have used the ACP-Commander to reset the default password, and the ACP State. (The LSUpdater stills does not complete and produces the ACP error.

F - Lastly I tried everything (TFTP Boot, ACP_commander, and LSUpdater) with NO drives in the LS-QL box and still it all does not work.  The Firmware is ---- and it is either stuck in EM mode or is not visible on the network.

*Where do I go from here?  The LS-QL is not visible and I cannot seem to update the firmware or at least get a valid one on it so I can use the Quad Device.

realborat

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:42 AM »

OK, I am going on the assumption that you have formatted both of the 3tb drives,

Put them back in the linkstation in slots 1 &2  leave the 3&4 empty,

Follow the steps from FAQ (3 of 5) for TFTP when you get to the stage to run force firmware update 

{ FAQ (2 of 5)} select all the options including Rebulit Partition Table and Erase User config.

See how you go.

If you still get a acp state failure let us know when you get the message exactly

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 05:45:41 AM »

Post a screen shot you got when using acp commander. After editting the batch file, on the next line down type "pause" (no quotes), exit, save and run the file and it will show you the output.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

wildbunch3

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »

OK, I went through and followed the steps listed above.  I was able to complete everything up to the point the LSUpdater started trying to format the drives.  I then received the ACP error. 

I seem to be having difficulty with adding the screen shots.  Is there a secret to this?