Author Topic: cannot access MiniStation  (Read 3972 times)

king

• Calf
cannot access MiniStation
« on: February 01, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
   I have recovered my PC (Windows XP), and installed the Secure Lock Ware again; when I plug in my MiniStation it does not prompt me for the password.  Then I manually run the Secure Lock Ware by clicking the Unlock the Device on this PC, it prompts me 'target device was not found'.  I can see the drive in the disk management but no drive letter.  I have tried to assign the drive letter manually, but Windows prompts me to format the drive.  I have connected the drive to another PC, but still cannot unlock it.  Pls help!

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: cannot access MiniStation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »
Do you have the data backed up on another location?  It sounds like the file structure on the drive is corrupted, you may have to format the drive.  What file format did you have the drive in before you had this issue?

king

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:31:18 AM »
   OMG, I don't have any backup for the data.  The file format should be NTFS.  I have another internal hard drive which is also password protected by the SLW, it's still working fine with the SLW.  Some friends also had the same problem when using SLW with external drives (MiniStation and other brands).  Is it possible to recover the data?

JL

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »

I have the same problem but it is not a corrupt file structure.

1)  I have a secure enabled external hard drive that is recognized by my old laptop and my desk top at home.  I tried to install Secure Lock Ware on a new laptop with the external drive turned on and plugged into the laptop, installer said that it found a device and needs to reboot.  However, after the reboot, it still would not recognize the drive and gave me the same "Target device was not found".  The same drive is still being recognized by my desk top.

2)  I also have a Secure Lock Ware enabled internal hard drive on a work desk top.  When the work desk top was upgraded with a new computer, the drive was seen on Disk Manager but as an unpartitioned drive.  I down loaded the Secure Lock Ware (SLW) program and installed it on the desk top.  At the end of the installation, the computer again recognized the device and asked to reboot.  After the reboot, Secure Lock Ware automatically recognized the drive and prompted for the password.  Drive was accessed with no problem.

All being said, do not format your drive.  Buffalo needs to have a patch for this problem for the external hard drive.

Kendoro

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:49:40 PM »