Author Topic: Link Station LS-Q4 - cannot see/mount  (Read 1974 times)

vislaw

• Calf
Link Station LS-Q4 - cannot see/mount
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:19:48 PM »

Hi. I have two Link Station LS-Q4 units that have performed like champs for almost two years. This week we had a power failure and when iI rebooted everything one of the Link Stations does not show up. Both have a steady blue light indicating they are connected to the network and both have four solid green lights indicating the drives are ok. But no matter what I do I can't get one of the drives to show up. I have switched the ethernet cables and the one drive shows up with either cable but the other is invisible. I'd really appreciate any help here. THANKS.

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: Link Station LS-Q4 - cannot see/mount
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:09:04 AM »

Have you tried to ping the unit?

Have you the NasNavigator software installed if you have there might be an info message ,?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »

Sounds like it might be in EM mode, check this in the nas navigator software and if nessesary apply a firmware update.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

vislaw

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 06:29:10 AM »

Thank you so much for attempting to help me. I REALLY appreciate it. ... 

When I run NAS Navigator I cannot see the unit in question. The other unit shows up fine but it doesn't recognize its twin even though all of its lights are on and it seems to be running fine. It is as though it is invisible! Any suggestions??? THANKS!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:36:54 AM »

vislaw wrote:

Thank you so much for attempting to help me. I REALLY appreciate it. ... 

When I run NAS Navigator I cannot see the unit in question. The other unit shows up fine but it doesn't recognize its twin even though all of its lights are on and it seems to be running fine. It is as though it is invisible! Any suggestions??? THANKS!

Your anti virus and firewall software are disabled? Try connecting the LS directly to the PC with the network cable and rerunning the nas navigator.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!