Author Topic: Anyone help setup Apple TC with Buffalo Linkstation NAS  (Read 1567 times)

MrMister111

• Calf
Anyone help setup Apple TC with Buffalo Linkstation NAS
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »

I have a Apple TIme Capsule working great with my iMac. I also have a Buffalo Linkstation Live 1Tb NAS.

There is a smartphone app that allows you to share a folder from your NAS over WiFi and 3G. I want to do this so I can share my music over my 3G when out and about, and play it (I am in UK and have unlimited 3G internet).

However in the easywebaccess setting it says I havent got UPnP. I'm unsure how to enale/set this in my TC. I goto advanced setting on my NAS and says I need to setup oorts etc, I dont know how to do this on a TC.

When trying advanced setup I get this error "UPnP Gateway not found and/or doesn't support port forwarding, use manual setup."

Anyone help please?

cheers

realborat

• Buffalo
Re: Anyone help setup Apple TC with Buffalo Linkstation NAS
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:38:00 AM »

Have a look at this link;

http://buffalo-sg.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10354/kw/setup%20Apple%20Time%20Machine

I also noticed that you are trying to set up web access. You need to open ports on your Router for that to work, to do that you need to contact your Router Manufacturer