Author Topic: 21 AFP user limit on TeraStation  (Read 1656 times)

fuzzygerdes

• Calf
21 AFP user limit on TeraStation
« on: September 21, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »

We have a TeraStation Pro 6 (TS-6VH18TL/R6), firmware 1.10,  and have determined that it has a limit of 21 users who can connect via AFP (from Macs, obviously). My colleague came into the office on a weekend and connected and unconnected various machines to make sure that it wasn't any particular client machine -- the 22nd user simply can't connect. The share will show up, but the password is simply rejected. As a workaround we've disabled Apple file sharing on the box and all the Macs are using SMB (Windows) connections to connect, but this is causing speed issues with folders with large numbers of items, it seems. Any ideas? Thanks.

jimmyhelu

• Calf
Re: 21 AFP user limit on TeraStation
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:55:06 AM »

I am not sure what steps I am missing in order to get the packages loaded on my terastation. I have flashed to the latest firmware with telnet capabilities, and have installed openssh from itmpi's page. I am not certain of the steps needed to get Debian on my terastation, the steps in the wiki and forum do not seem too clear to me. Do I need to have Debian on my terastation in order to your webinstaller? I try to run the webinstaller without it and get the errors listed below: