Author Topic: Web Access for WS-QV8.0TL/R5  (Read 2943 times)

cornmen

• Calf
Web Access for WS-QV8.0TL/R5
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »

I'm stumped trying to figure out how to setup Web Access on this device.  There is no web interface that I can tell.  I am using remote access to configure the device but cannot find anything regarding Web Access.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

cornmen

• Calf
Re: Web Access for WS-QV8.0TL/R5
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 02:15:51 PM »

I guess I thought it was a feature based on the info here:

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/professional-and-business-class-nas/terastation-pro-quad-wss

REMOTE FILE ACCESS

TeraStation Pro Quad WSS offers multiple ways to remotely access and share your important data for enhanced collaboration and productivity. With WebAccess and FTP/SFTP servers, you can securely access and share files with anyone outside the local network. Trusted recipients can access selected files from anywhere over the Internet and with WebAccess files can also be accessed remotely from tablet and smartphone devices.

cornmen

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:43:54 PM »

That would have made a difference in my buying decision. 

I bought 2 of these devices and am hoping to place one offsite for replication of our data to a secondary location.

Thanks,

Mike

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:35:43 PM »

You can still do that even without WebAccess using the backup/replication tool.

cornmen

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »

Hi Jotin,

The backup/replication tool seems to work only over local network.  If you know how to use it over an internet connection, I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mike

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 01:03:45 PM »

If you're hell bent on using web access then use web access for PC http://www.buffalo-asia.com/webaccess-win/setup.html

However why you would use web access on a server is behond me, there are literally 100's of applications that will remotely backup one server to another.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

cornmen

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

Dave, I am not hell bent on using web access.  I am just looking for a feature on these devices that I believed to exist based on Buffalos advertising and product description.

I like to know what tools I have before deciding which one is the best for the job.

I have now called Buffalo support and the representative I talked to said Web Access is not currently available on these devices, but she is checking with marketing to determine if there is a planned addition of WebAccess in the works.

It appears that Buffalo made a mistake in advertising WebAccess on these WSS devices.