Author Topic: Set-up E-Mail Notifcations for LS-WXLFEA  (Read 3551 times)

finsyourfriend

• Calf
Set-up E-Mail Notifcations for LS-WXLFEA
« on: September 09, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

Greetings fellow Buffalo Tech Forum-ites,

I am having trouble configuring the E-Mail Notification settings for my LinkStation to send to my G-Mail account. I looked through the manual but

the information is rather vague, describing the step instead of what is needed for the step to work. I have entered my information like one would

for setting up an e-mail client, but clicking the "Send Test Message" button either fails or just sits at "Saving Data..." for eternity.

Anyone have success with setting this up?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Set-up E-Mail Notifcations for LS-WXLFEA
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:40:33 AM »

Use the following settings, google is your friend!

http://i.imgur.com/stGJT.jpg

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 07:02:05 PM »
Hello, recently installed a new router and now I am no getting my reports.  They used to work and my settings are as above posted by davo.  What do I do now?  Obviously it has to do with my router since that's the only thing that changed?

I have a LS-WVL 806 however.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:49:38 PM »
Anyone with a clue on this?

• Debian Wizard
  • Big Bull
  • There's no problem so bad you cannot make it worse
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:21:53 PM »
i would suggest double checking your network settings in the device, if the dns lookup for gmail.com is failing that could explain your issue. If that is the problem I would expect it to also fail to check for firmware updates. you can test that hypothesis by attempting to check for updates in the web interface.

If you use dhcp this is likely set automatically, rebooting the device would cause it to check in with the router again. If you configured them manually you may need to adjust your gateway or dns settings manually.

Ringfinger

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
Restarting the LS worked, thanks!

mh1983

• Tatanka
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
<p>Use the following settings, google is your friend!</p><p> </p><p><a target="_blank" href="http://i.imgur.com/stGJT.jpg">http://i.imgur.com/stGJT.jpg[/url]</p>

Thank you for this! It worked like a charm on my TS-XEL. When I got it last year, I tried every email setting combo I could think of, including signing up for a new Gmail and new Outlook account.

Only thing I'd add: if your Gmail or other account is on 2 factor authentication (2FA), be sure to set an app specific password and use that in your NAS instead of your actual password.