Author Topic: NAS Navigator2 Not Compatible With OS X Mountain Lion  (Read 6371 times)

mpincus

• Calf
NAS Navigator2 Not Compatible With OS X Mountain Lion
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

NAS Navigator2 ran fine on my Mac Mini running OS X Snow Leopard.  After upgrading to OS X Mountain Lion, I can no longer connect to my LinkStation as a registered user.  I get the following error when I try:

"The version of the server you are trying to connect to is not supported. Please contact your system administrator to resolve the problem."

I can still see my LinkStation in Finder, and connect as guest.

It looks like NAS Navigator2 is only compatible up to v. 10.7.  Any plans to upgrade it to 10.8?

mpincus

• Calf
Re: NAS Navigator2 Not Compatible With OS X Mountain Lion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »

It's an LS-1.0TGL/R1-US

mpincus

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »

Just installed the latest update to NAS Navigator2 (looks like it was just posted a few days ago).  I can connect to my LS as a registered user, now.

philoouu

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:54 AM »

Hello

on my Mac Book I used to have NasNavigator 243 for at least 6 months. Last month I uptated to Mountain Lion and it was still working.

Yesterday I installed NasNavigator 252. During the installation it said installation Failed, Please Reboot. It did still install the application and the Logo NasNavigator keeps appearing twice on the launchbar (one for the application and one appearing every minute or so). I removed the application but  every minute one icon is still appearing. Eventually I went to the Genius this morning and they could remove this "bug" by deleting the two following files 

jp.buffalo.NASPower.plist

jp.buffalo.NASPower_pla.plist

in MacIntoshHD/Library/Launchagents

Those files seems to launch another NasNavigator2 located in MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools.

Do you also have those files in lauchagents ? and another application file in MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools ?

Thanks

P.

dman

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 05:48:13 PM »

Hi, confirming the bug of 2 instnaces of Nas Navigator appearing on the dock in Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Even whene application is closed, it keeps appearing on the Dock every minute or so.

I took philouu's suggestion and deleted the app from MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools and this stopped the annoying relaunches.

philoouu

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:37:21 PM »

OK 

By the way I went to my Time Machine and check how was the set-up before the upgrade to Mountain Lion and before the upgrde to 2.52

Those 2 files were not located in the LaunchAgents directory but in the MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools so in my case I moved those 2 files in the MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools folder and kept the app there too. It is also working fine.

As long as the launchagent is  empty, it seems to work.

By the way this NasNavigator is not Montain Lion compatible, this is clear when you look at the note released by  buffalo; they say 10.7 and later means 10,7,x but not 10.8 !!!!

By the way I posted something about ItunesServer not working anymore (the NAS does not appear as a shared device/directorty anymore in Itunes) on another post....  Would you have this king of issue in case you were using the server ?

Thanks

P.

9had

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »

Yesterday I installed new 1.62 firmware on my ls-wxl and nasnavigator 2.52 on os x 10.8.2 and nasnavigator is launched every 60 seconds by launchagent. 

which is annoyance as I like to work in full screen, so every time new process is spawned it removes focus from my active application.

another thing I notices, when having ls-wxl on auto power, it will turn off, and nasnavigator will not be able to wake it up. So now I need to find nasnavigator 2.51 or downgrade to 1.60, as I don't really know which one is causing problems. Perhaps both. 

RFf

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 10:10:47 AM »

Hello 9had,

i have exactly the sames problems. For me the auto power is not working anymore after upgrading to nasnavigator 2.52 and firmware 1.62 with os x 10.8.2. I tried installing the nasnavigator on a windows pc and now the auto power is working. So i thing the firmware 1.62 is not causing the problem. It's just not working with os x 10.8.2 and nasnavigator 2.52.

Did you already find a solution to get it working with os x 10.8.2?

Best regards

9had

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 12:29:03 PM »

downgrading to nasnavigator 2.51 is not stealing focus from active windows/applications, and is waking the device (running fw 1.62) up, as well as shutting it down...

so i am sticking to this setup for now... nasnavigator 2.51 and fw 1.62...

but I have another issue, which i did not notice before upgrade to fw 1.62... another mac, with same setup, is actually not able to wake the device up. when device is up, everything works just fine, but i need to use the first mac to wake ls. otherwise it will not wake up.

i've tried to uninstall nasnavigator and re-installed it again, in hope that this might cure the behaviour, but did not do the trick.

philoouu

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 10:02:28 AM »

Hello

Are you guys using Itunes server ? It does not work on my side (I mean the NAS does not appear in Itunes as a device) like it used to do in previous version of the firmware/OS/Itunes....

Thanks for your answers.

RFf

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »

The new version of NAS Navigator v. 2.56 fixed it for me and its running fine with mountain lion 10.8.2.

keithinvietnam

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 11:29:45 PM »

I have to disagree that the latest version of Navigator2 is fully compatable with OS X Mountain Lion.

When I turn on the nasnavihelper background process to use the auto-power feature, I see that it is running at 100% CPU continuously on my quad-core i7 iMac. This leads to a very hot machine and my cooling fans kicking into jet plane mode, not to mention processor cycles being drawn away from other programs that really need them.

This happens the following setup:

• mid-2010 27" iMac with quad-core i7
  • Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2
  • LinkStation Pro Duo - model LS-WVL/E
  • firmware 1.64
  • NAS Navigator2 v2.56

What is really frustrating is that once the nasnavihelper is turned on / installed, it cannot be turned off without removing the duplicate copy of the NAS Navigator2 app from: MacIntoshHD/Library/privileged HelperTools

I find it very strange that to use the auto-power feature with nasnavihelper background process, this duplicate copy of the whole NAS Navigator2 app needs to be installed.

For anyone else wanting to use the auto-power feature of their LinkStation product, I suggest making sure the helper app is not causing unsually high CPU usage on your Mac. You can check this by running Apple's Activity Monitor app, located in MacIntoshHD/Applications/Utilities, as explained in this support page by Apple.

This is my first post on the forums here, and since I don't know if Buffalo tech support checks carefully for bugs people report, I am also going to contact them directly to log a bug report.

Besides this one issue, I noticed no other problems in using the NAS Navigator2 v2.56 software on OS X 10.8.2 so far - other than not having an option to mount shared folders using AFP instead of SMB, which is it's default behaviour.

Keith G.