Author Topic: Configure didn't work - Did I miss anything?  (Read 4159 times)

rossgk

• Calf
Configure didn't work - Did I miss anything?
« on: October 06, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »

Bought a 1TB ProDuo.  I have a simple setup. A router, a wireless access point, and a couple of Mac computers connecting wirelessly.  The Linkstation is plugged into the router.   It gets an address okay, found my DHCP.  

But the setup program wouldn't work.  It installed the NASNavigator sw, but it could never find the Linkstation NAS and said "Failed - check network settings in the Q&A"  (which incidently is the most unhelpful message: I searched all the documentation and there's no "Q&A" section anywhere). 

But I am able to use NASNavigator which can see the disk, I connected via browser to the IP address.  I can mount the server, created shared folders for users, and can copy files there and all the permission setting and stuff works.  

Did I miss anything by not running the standard installation process off the CD?  Was it just a wizard to walk me through creating folders and setting permissions?

-Ross.

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Configure didn't work - Did I miss anything?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:02 AM »
The wizard is just a walk through program that most likely had issues with a firewall or antivirus program running, however it is not needed.

rossgk

• Calf
Re: Configure didn't work - Did I miss anything?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
   Thanks for your reply.  That sounds good. :)