Author Topic: USB attached disks appearing as links within Technomate drive folders  (Read 1247 times)

sonsenfrancais

• Calf

I hope someone can help me with a small but irritating problem

I use a TS-XEL4BA (TS-XE8.0TL/R5 Firmware 1.57) with 4 X 2Gbyte drives and two X 2Gbyte USB attached external drives

Everything works perfectly - reliability 100% - no problems.  The USBs are recognised by the system and appear as two extra buffalo drives usb1 and usb2

However, they also show as subfolders to one of the folders on a Buffalo internal drive.  So they look like

TS-XEL3BA\Buffalo_3\French\usb1 and 

TS-XEL3BA\Buffalo_3\French\usb2

These are not simply shortcuts.  I have checked by going down the file system, deleting a file within the spoof folder - and the file duly disappears from the USB

The negative effect of this is that searches on this drive never complete, and given the amount of data I hold, searching is important

I have tried dismounting the two usbs from the web interface and then letting the system reload them.  At first this seemed to work : they disappeared from the Buffalo drive subfolder.  Then after an hour or so the links came back again

Any ideas ? .. and thanks in advance

sonsenfrancais

• Calf
Re: USB attached disks appearing as links within Technomate drive folders
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »

Thanks ..  yes, I've done a cut and paste of the links to usb1 and usb2 and moved them up to the top level of that drive.

That solves the immediate problem of the searches on that subfolder.

Thanks for your help