Author Topic: Linkstation LS-WV2.0TL/R1 slow building Raid 1 array?  (Read 6166 times)

dustbin111

• Calf
Linkstation LS-WV2.0TL/R1 slow building Raid 1 array?
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »

Just bought this unit, the Linkstation LS-WV2.0TL/R1.  

Hooked it up last night, deleted Raid 0 array and built Raid 1 array per the Manual.  The Array Status (System --> Storage --> RAID Array --> Array 1) said Error and I get the red flashing INFO/ERROR lights up front (14); I understand this is normal while building the array.  I also understand building the array may take up to 6 hours.  I went to bed, got up ~7hrs later and still had the same Status: Error and blinky lights.

Thinking I may have done something wrong, I deleted that Array and built another.  It has now been baking for almost 12 hours with no change; Status: Error and 14 blinky lights (1 long, 4 short).

Am I just being impatient and have to wait longer or is something wrong?

Running Firmware version:1.60

Thanks,

DustBin

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation LS-WV2.0TL/R1 slow building Raid 1 array?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 05:09:48 AM »

1 long 4 short (red) means the RAID cannot mount.

Confirm the exact error mesage you are getting in the Nas Navigator.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dustbin111

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:18:47 AM »

NAS Navigator has "Unformatted" in the red bar.   The button to Fromat Disk (System --> Storage --> Disks) is greyed out.

Should I have formatted these prior to trying to build the array.  THAT was not in the manual.

Confirmed 1 long, 4 short: manual only says this is "Checking the RAID array."  I don't see any status elsewhere; how would I figure the Raid is still trying to build or if cannot mount it?

~DustBin.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 06:01:47 AM »

Its definately saying it cannot mount the array. Checking the RAID array - 1 long 7 short (orange)

Either way, delete the RAID, format the HDDs via the GUI (system -> Storage) and then create a new RAID

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

csylvain

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »

if it's flashing I14 and says "Checking RAID Array", then use the horizontal scrollbar just underneath..  yes, there is one ...  and you will be able to see the "X% Complete" and monitor that.  IIRC, 6 hours is not long enough to scan/check the entire array.  be prepared to wait 12 hours.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 08:40:58 AM »

So again, is the info/error LED flashing orange or red?!

dustbin111

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »

Blinking Red l14.

Right click on drive in NasNavigator and it confirms: cannot mount raid array.

Looks like I am deleteing, formatting, creating raid array, then waiting...

~dustbin

dustbin111

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »

Formatting the individual drives first worked!  This was not covered in the user manual; I followed the directions and was under the impressions wiping out the array would delete any partions and existing formatting on the individual drives.  Apparently not.

I now have a Progress % which I did not have before.  Wish me luck!