Author Topic: LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - Need to find downloads  (Read 8662 times)

Hoib

• Calf
LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - Need to find downloads
« on: August 12, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

Hello - I have the LS-W1.0TGL/R1 which died in RAID-0.  I'm attempting to see if I can restart it from square one.  I was told on the phone to perform a Force Firmware update and then a TFTP Boot procedure the other day.  I was told to use the procedures listed in the FAQs here (No2 and No 3).  These postings point you to firmware binaries and other utilities to use.  But when I click on any of the links, I get sent to a page that is a Buffalo logo'd page which says, "The page you are looking for was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly."  Same result for the utilities I am to use.  In FAQ#3, there are "here" links which lead to a search page and when I type in the LS name and place the search string in the search box and click Search, nothing happens. The links in the FAQs seem to be broken.  I'm using IE9 with Win 7 32bit.

Does anyone know why this is?  Where do I download the correct files to perform this "restart" of the LinkStation?

H

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-W1.0TGL/R1 - Need to find downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:33 AM »

ftp://24.153.165.234/array1/share/nas-recovery/

The downloads appear to be working fine.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Hoib

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 06:19:14 AM »

They're not working.  Can you get to them using HTTP - using those links inside the two FAQs?  That's what the public sees... 

There's no place in the FAQs where your FTP cite is referenced.  On the phone, I'm not told anything about using an FTP site.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 06:39:55 AM »

I dont know what you mean, i got the link from FAQW 3 of 5 and it is working fine, using FF anyways.

The files are hosted on a FTP link, not HTTP.

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Hoib

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:48:55 AM »

Davo -

If I go for example, to FAQ 2 of 5, the first bullet in the 2d Section labelled "Old Models", the text says,

This doesn't link to an FTP site.  That's what I'm talking about.  Maybe I'm in the wrong section of the forum?  I'm in the "Storage" section where I was led to on the phone.  I should have clicked on it while on the phone but I was confident - too confident - that it was correct at the time.

FAQ 3 of 5 TFTP boot image has now been fixed!  But the NAS Navi and latest firmware are still pointing at an HTTP site which isn't found.  TFTP wasn't working at all yesterday.  It now leads to FTP.

I was told on the phone by Buffao that I need to download everything from both FAQ 2 and FAQ 3.

H

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:36 AM »

Use http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads

And type the model number of your device into the field, all the downloads are there.

Hoib

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:43:24 AM »

Davo - thank for you help and patience.

On the phone with Buffalo tech support.  It turns out to be a browser issue on my end.  IE8 and the website don't play nice.  I wish that would have been made clearer to me at the outset.  Rather than go through a million settings in IE (no one there could tell me what settings in IE need to be adjusted), I got my file set from Buff via eMail.

Sorry for the confusion.  Never assume anything I guess...

H