Author Topic: LS-CHL with Error Code E30, not sure what that means  (Read 16755 times)

GoranAgar

• Calf
LS-CHL with Error Code E30, not sure what that means
« on: July 30, 2012, 07:37:13 AM »

Hi folks,

I have the Buffalo LS-CH1-0TL-EU with the firmware version 1.60. 

It started blinking the error code E30 (red led, 3 long, no short) which according to the Buffalo smart site means:

E30: "An error occurred, so hard drive X was removed from the RAID array.
Replace hard drive X. For details, see the separate sheet "Hard Drive Replacement Procedure"."

Screenshot of the NasNavigator window: http://www.goranagar.com/load/BuffaloE30.jpg

I find this to be an odd message since the LS-CH1 has only one hdd installed. Everything seems to be working fine. I can mount the drive, acces files via media player.

When I try to run CheckDisk through the LS web access I get the following error:

http://www.goranagar.com/load/BuffaloE30_CheckDisk.jpg

"Failed to operate disk. Please resubmit after restart". Did that. nothing changed. 

Any suggestions?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-CHL with Error Code E30, not sure what that means
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:16:22 AM »

E30 means the HDD has failed or is failing (SMART errors on the disk), reset the unit via the GUI and see if the error persists.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

GoranAgar

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »

I'll try that.

Let's say the hdd is dying. Is it possible to replace the hdd with any other sata hdd? 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 10:01:12 AM »

Yeah you can replace the HDD with a new one and follow FAQ 3 of 5 to reimage the new HDD, replacing the HDD will void your warranty if still covered.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

GoranAgar

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 04:41:19 AM »

Warranty expires today. I opened a ticket with support yesterday, so I should be fine. 

One has to admire the engineering abilities behind creating a hdd that fails so precisely after warranty expires. I am sure that mine, expiring a day before, was just a glitch. :)

Kudos to Buffalo though, for setting the error threshold so I can still save my data. :)