Author Topic: LinkStation LS-WXL problem  (Read 5994 times)

Baranek

• Calf
LinkStation LS-WXL problem
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:04 AM »

I have a Buffalo LinkStation LS-WXL, replaced the hard drives to 2TB and then starts problems. The machine starts up and flashes 6 times red light. Of course, I found several posts what to do in that situation, I manage to introduce the device in EM mode. Unfortunately LSUpdater not see the device - "LinkStation That needs updating was not found" (NavNawigator 2 course at that time is disabled). I downloaded the firmware to this version of the hardware, I tried the version 1.6, 1.54 to no avail. I tested on another computer with another operating system to no avail. Buffalo device is visible on the network, the computer is in the same subnet, so it should work: (Firewall and antivirus disabled), any more ideas? Please HELP ME :(

Baranek

• Calf
Re: LinkStation LS-WXL problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »

I can't forcing the firmware becouse the linkstation is not detected by LSUpdater at all. NasNavigator 2 detect linkstation as "Host name - UNINSPECT-EM124" and i think this is the main problem. :(

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:12:33 AM »

Any Ideas ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:12:18 AM »

The TFTP image did not load correct, with UNSUSPECT EM MODE the updater will never find the unit.

Format the HDDs again, ensure you are using the correct TFTP image and redo the process.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:40:51 PM »

Hi, I'm using a TFTP Boot Recovery LS-WXL 1.33, the HDD should not have any partition it? is still the same.

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:18:19 AM »

Any Ideas ?

csylvain

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 06:39:49 PM »

when the WXL is flashing the 6 short pulses in red, you need to load the TFTP images.

you did not mention you saw both files being transferred from the TFTP host to the WXL.  the transfer begins after you hold down the function button on the back while the red flashing is underway.  you must hold down the function button for a couple seconds.

after the TFTP images are loaded and the yellow flashing has ended, then you may use the LS Updater program to install firmware.  i personally recommend 1.57 and do not recommend 1.60 (see my posting about 1.60 headaches).

the disks themselves should start off with empty GPT partitions.

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 01:10:40 AM »

Hi, CSYLVAIN in the first post I mentioned that I introduced Nas EM mode, after 6 red light i push the button on the back and  saw both files being transferred from the TFTP host to the WXL.

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 02:58:58 AM »

Please HELP ME, I'm grounded for a month with this NAS :(

csylvain

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 06:52:55 AM »

if you are successfully loading the TFTP images, then the WXL should be on the way to being able to update/reload a full firmware.

the yellow/amber flashing interval after loading the TFTP image should be on the order of about 20mins.  sometimes, for whatever reason, my WXL would enter a state where the amber flashing would continue indefinitely.  i let it go all night once, just to see if it was stuck or just slow.  "stuck" seems to be the answer.

no matter, after a reasonable wait (like i said, 20 mins or so), turn the WXL off and turn it back on again.  it should blue flash for a bit and then go to a steady blue.  at that point it's ready to be reloaded via LS Updater.

have you edited your lsupdater.ini file by any chance?  you should.  there's a sticky posting in this Forum all about that.  i recommend Force Update, Rebuild partition table and Delete user-config with your new disks.

Baranek

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »

Thanks for your help, now checks for new ideas