Author Topic: Emergency Mode again  (Read 3364 times)

godwinzh

• Calf
Emergency Mode again
« on: July 17, 2012, 02:06:54 PM »

Hi,

I had the same problem before about a year ago. After I updated the firmware to 1.35. it was fixed.

But recently, one of the disks (disk2) failed. After I replace it with a new disk, it could not boot up. It showed the following message

System Error E04 Can’t load kernel

I left it there for a while. This morning, I was so lucky to boot it up!  It got the correct IP addresss. I could ping to it, but could not get into the Web interface.

The message now:

Emergency Mode, No Array Info

Should I update the firmware again? I have a new disk in there. Is it OK to update the firmware?

Thanks

Godwin

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Emergency Mode again
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
If tis in em mode then your options is to reinstall the firmware.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

godwinzh

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

Thank you for your respond

Let me ask you a dumb question. Since I just replaced a disk and didn’t have a chance to resync the data, is it safe to reinstall the firmware? I assume there is no update needed for firmware 1.35.

Actually, my original message was not very clear.
Model number: TeraStation Pro II (TS-HTGL/R5 )
Firmware: 1.35

Last year, the system suddenly went into the Emergency Mode: No Array Info. Someone from here (Actually, it was you, thanks) suggested to upgrade the firmware. I updated to 1.35 and it worked.
This year, it went into the the Emergency Mode again because I replaced a disk.

godwinzh

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:08:38 PM »

Another dump question: I tried to download firmware from  http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads

But I could not search the firmware by the Model number. I entered TeraStation Pro II or TS-HTGL/R5 or even any model numbers of their products. It always returned: There are no downloads for your search criteria.

Did I go to the wrong place?

godwinzh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:17 PM »

Using Google, I found this page.

ftp://buffalokorea.dyndns.org/array1/buffalo/buffalo%20server/Storage/TS-HTGL%28Tera%20Station%20PRO%20II%29/

I believe the file I need is TS-HTGL_1.35_1.39.zip. Am I right?

There is another file called TS-HTGL_repair.zip. What kind of repair can it do?

godwinzh

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:41:47 PM »

After searching this Forum, I found this Website http://109.104.88.61/support/downloads/

godwinzh

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »

I downloaded TS-HTGL_1.35_1.39.zip from http://109.104.88.61/support/downloads/. Unzipped and ran the TSUpdater.exe file. The firmware was reinstalled. It rebooted a couples times. After that I could open the Web interface to rebuild the RAID array.