Author Topic: Problems Connecting LS -WSX1.0TL/R1 to network (but can Ping it!)  (Read 1985 times)

the_alchemist

• Calf

I see my LinkStation Mini (LS-WSXLC26 also called LS -WSX1.0TL/R1) when I ping the IP address. When connected to the Router (Netgear Wireless -G Router) I also see it in the Attached Devices menu. Yet the Nas Navigator 2.31 (downloaded and installed from the web as the one on the disk was Version 2), does not see it.  Also, confusingly, Windows Explorer Network can not see it either (even though CMD can Ping the IP address) and nor can I access the drive by Web by typing in the IP address. I have already tried and installed the softwares twice after turning both the Virus checker and Firewall off (Both Windows and from Virgin) Please help!

I am running Windows 7 64bit. Have Sonos Music System also in the network.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Problems Connecting LS -WSX1.0TL/R1 to network (but can Ping it!)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 02:24:28 PM »

I would try and reset the unit.

Please switch the unit to off and wait until the lights are off.

Hold the function button for 10 seconds while it is still off.

While still holding the function button after 10 seconds please flip the switch to off.

Once the function light begins to blink release the function button and press it again for one second.

Wait until the power light is solid and this will restore your unit.

This process will not delete any data and will only restore the admin password and set the IP address back to DHCP.

It could also be a firewall or antivirus issue. Can you access it from another computer? How about a direct connection your PC using an ethernet cable?

the_alchemist

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 06:59:35 PM »

Sorry - no luck. Tried resetting but the green LED light just keeps on blinking in an odd sequence throughout.Page 79 of teh manual says that if Flashing Green then it's "Accessing" - seeme to hav ebeen stuck in a loop!

Incidentally even when I turn the switch at the back to off the Linkstation does not switch off and teh Green LED keeps on flashing!

the_alchemist

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 07:01:53 PM »

I have also switched off both the Anti Virus and The Firewall. No luck still in reconnecting via NASNAvigator2

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:48 AM »

I would try FAQ 2 of 5 that is pinned at the top of the storage section.

drum4ravi

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:27 AM »

Hi There,

I had the same issue with the device.

I found a very easy solution for the issue. as you know we have a small switch below the USB port, where it is mentioned as AUTO;ON;OFF

by default the switch was on AUTO, so i was not able to access the shares and the web interface.

i changed it to ON, and the very next second i was able to access the shares and through web interface too.

thanks,

Ravindra

www.IgnitedSoul.com