Author Topic: Cloudstor seen as OFFLINE by Pogoplug  (Read 13249 times)

pachy

• Calf
Cloudstor seen as OFFLINE by Pogoplug
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:49:04 PM »

Two MacBook Pro's 10.7.4

Time Capsule 7.6.1

Comcast

Motorola Surfboard SB6121 Cable Modem

all have current sw/fw

Buffalo Cloudstor CS-WV/1D with two 2 TB drives running as Group with an USB drive attached - FW 1.13 Build 2.35

Cloudstor shows up fine in NAS Navigator

Cloudstor shows up fine in Safari and Firefox using "Open web Setting" or directly through Finder - Go - Connect to Server - I use the IP address from NAS Navigator in the web browsers 10.0.1.26

When I go to 

http://cloudstor.pogoplug.com/

and login

the Cloudstor shows up as OFFLINE

Also, my iPhone Pogoplug app shows my two MacBook Pros as ONLINE - and I can access them - but it also shows the Cloudstor as OFFLINE

Please understand that this is all while I am connected to my "Home" network - Comcast, a Motorola Surfboard SB6121, an Apple Time Capsule

I can see, access and use the Cloudstor on my local network  - but the Cloudstor is treated as OFFLINE when I go to access it via the Pogoplug web page.

Any Suggestions.

Thank you.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Cloudstor seen as OFFLINE by Pogoplug
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

Do you have any info/error LED flashing on the unit?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jdfalcon

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:43:14 PM »

This is also happening to me.  It was working well for me but i decided to login via myCloudstor to access files but was not able.  The NAS is working fine and I can access it directly via SMB and AFP using the ip address. I have multiple folders shared and can access them this way.   The problem is when I try to access the drive via MyCloudStore.com or pogoplug.com.  It show only one share "DATA-SHARE", but when I click to access it, it spins for about 5 minutes then say drive is "OFFLINE".  I have restarted the drive several times but same response from the Web and iOS devices.   PLEASE HELP!!!  I will appriciate any feedback or help. 

pachy

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:20:37 PM »

You ask:

"Do you have any info/error LED flashing on the unit?"

No

The blue light is on solid.

to

As I mentioned, the Cloudstor (both grouped disks and the attached usb drive) show up in NAS Navigator2, and when I use the Open Web Setting, and when I access it via the Finder using the Go To Server using the IP address provided by NAS Navigator2. in my case it is 10.0.1.26 but I always check because I know it can change if I restart the Cloudstor, my router or my Mac (Macintosh MacBook Pro - not my "mac" address)

Using the web server I can see the unit and the usb drive. I can change the name, change the password, change the time, do other system maintenace things, set up folders and whatever.

using the Go To Server from the Finder I can mount the grouped drive and/or the attached usb drive - copy files to and from the drives, delete files, whatever.

The "problem" as I see it is the following:

I have Comcast as an internet provider.

I have a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem certified by Comcast

I have an Apple Time Capsule as my wired/wireless router running te current version 7.6.1

I have a Cloudstor CS-WV/1D with two 2 TB drives in Group/Raid mode running firmware 1.13 connected to my Time Capsule with a proven, reliable Cat-6 cable

I have 2 MacBook Pros, each with a paid Pogoplug account - although I know that I should not really need a paid account to access the Cloudstor since the pogoplug access to the Cloudstor is part of the Buffalo purchase.

I have an Iphone 4G (not 4Gs) with the pogoplug app on it.

I have spent many hours on the phone with Comcast, Buffalo, Apple, Motorola and Pogoplug.

Comcast has told me the ports that they block.

I have set up port forwarding on my Time Capsule for

TCP 80 and 443

UDP 4365 and 3333

as instructed by Buffalo Tech Support (Level 3) - even though there is no mention anywhere in the Buffalo marketing literature or in the 51 page user manual that it is necessary to do port forwarding.

Pogoplug says it is Buffalo's problem to solve. Everyone points fingers to everyone else.

Both from my 2 MacBook Pros and my iPhone I can see my 2 MacBook Pros and my Pogoplug Cloud -

but the Coudstor shows up as "offline'

Everything works fine while I am on my home local network.

I have even used my iPhone (ATT tethering option on my plan) to try to access the Cloudstor through it - no luck.

What good is a "cloud" if you can not access it via the internet?

Any ideas will be appreciated. i will try them and post the results - successful or not.

Hope this can help everyone else. If I seem a little harsh, please realize that this has been going on for almost two months. I have received and tried 3 different CloudStor devices from Buffalo - I'll have to return them soon. I've also restarted, reset and whatever the Cloudstor devices, set up a new pogoplug account - nothing seems to work.

Thank you for your advice

marsh

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »

Any fix yet. If so please post. I am having the same problem with the same unit. I ve tried the port forwarding and reset the unit many times and still no access. Works great locally. Just have no web access.

pachy

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41:42 PM »

Thank you for your response.

I am still working with Buffalo Level 3 Tech Support, Pogoplug, Apple (wrt to port forwarding), COMCAST and Motorola to resolve this issue.

FYI - I use Mac's and until I can see Cloudstor on my Mac's at home and through the internet and through all of these interfaces - I will continue to pursue a solution -

I want to be able to see, access and update my Cloudstor via -

NAS Navigator on my MacBook Pro 17 connected at home

NAS Navigator on my MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

NAS Navigator on my My wife's MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

CloudStor via web acces through NAS Navigator on my MacBook Pro 17 connected at home

CloudStor via web acces through NAS Navigator on my MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

CloudStor via web acces through NAS Navigatorr on my My wife's MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

Pogoplug via their www site on my MacBook Pro 17 connected at home

Pogoplug via their www site on my MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

Pogoplug via their www site on my My wife's MacBook Ptro 15 connected at home

Pogoplug via Finder Go Connect To Server on my MacBook Pro 17 connected at home

Pogoplug via Finder Go Connect To Serve my MacBook Pro 15 connected at home

Pogoplug via Finder Go Connect To Serve on my My wife's MacBook Ptro 15 connected at home

Pogoplug via their www site on my MacBook Pro 17 over the internet

Pogoplug via their www site on my MacBook Pro 15over the internet

Pogoplug via their www site on my My wife's MacBook Pro 15 over the internet

Pogoplug via their app in my iPhone 4 connected at home

Pogoplug via their app in my iPhone 4 connected over the internet

I am on it

Stayed tuned

marsh

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »

Thanks, I also use a mac behind an airport extreme. The initial setup was very easy and worked great for awhile, then it just quit working. I think the issue is with pogoplugs servers or

software. When I connect to mycloudstor.com or mypogoplug.com sometimes I can see disc 1 but not disc 2. When I try to access the disc thats when I get the "server offline" . I am

also not able to move about in the settings on those web pages or change the settings. I just get the cancel button and the "im tring to connect" circle. Good luck with fix.

jdfalcon

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 05:45:41 AM »

That is exactly what is still happening to me.  Could not have explained it better.  It's been months now that I have not been able to access my cloudstor drive from the web. Getting very frustrating but trying to be patient for a solution from Buffalo.  I also have a Mac book pro and I am behind a linksys router.  I have replaced my router and still no go.  I have tried it from a windows machine and still nothing.  From an iOS device using pogoplug app and still nothing.  The only way to access my drive is connected to my local network as a NAS.  Glad to  see other are still pursuing it with buffalo.  Thanks for keeping the forum updated.  Looking forward to a resolution.

marsh

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 02:47:59 PM »

What I decided to do was flash my firmware for the CS-WV. Pogoplug wanted me to log into the logging. After I was not able to complete

the task, I started thinking that maybe it could be a firmware issue., even though there was no error code. So I followed these

instructions to force an update:

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/0101/message-id/49846

1. Download the appropriate firmware for your NAS from our website (http://www.buffalotech.com/support-and-downloads/downloads)

2.  Reboot your PC in to safe mode with networking. **NOTE**-  Only do this step if you are having issues updating. This is to remove the possibility of firewalls, antivirus or any software preventing the firmware update from working. If you feel that this is not necessary you can try skipping this step. If it does not work then please try this.

3. **NOTE**- Only do this is if you are having issues updating while the unit is on the network. If having issues follow this to remove unit from the network.** Set your computer's IP address to a static IP address of 192.168.11.1 with subnet 255.255.255.0. A default gateway is not required nor is DNS. Attach unit to Pc via ethernet.   NOTE: If you don't know how to change your IP address on your computer you can find out how to do that for Windows (XP, Vista or 7).

4. Extract the files on to your desktop

5. Right click on the NASupdater application and go to Send To->Desktop (Create Shortcut)

6. Right click on the newly created shortcut and choose Properties

7. In the target line you will see:

"C:/[Path to your Desktop]/[Your NAS firmware folder]/NASupdater.exe"

On the right side of the end quotation you'll want to add:

[spacebar]/force

8. Click on the Compatibility tab in the window and choose to "Run this program in compatibility mode with Windows 2000"

9. Boot unit while holding the reset button.

10. Run the shortcut and choose update.

FINAL NOTE: Upon completing a firmware update you'll want to restore the device to it's factory defaults to remove any footprints from the previous firmware (same version or no). You can do this by logging in to the web interface, choosing maintenance, initialization and choose restore (does not delete data or shares).

--------------------------------------------------------------

To my surprise........It worked!!!!!!!!!

However after the firmware flash I was not able to mount the original disc that came with the unit. The NAS would not mount it unless I

reformated the drive. So  I did the reformat. I did lose the data that was on disc1 but I had all the important data backed up on other

drives. I only lost a few movies...no biggie. The main thing is my cloudstor is know working properly. I can access it over the web from

my mac, my pc and my iphones. 

This is what worked for me. It may or may not work in your case. If you do try it, MAKE SURE YOU THE DATA BACKUP ON ANOTHER

DRIVE THAT IS NOT PART OF THE NAS. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck  :)

pepijnnichting

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 02:34:47 PM »

i am having the same problems. see my post (http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Your-CloudStation-device-is-offline/td-p/105008)

and also did the firmware update, but it didn't work for me.

did you do anything on the pogo website?

marsh

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 11:29:31 AM »

I just followed the instructions laid out in the my last post. They  should work with your unit as well. Until the firmware flash I was not able to do much on the Pogoplug website, It

just acted like it was going to connect and never did, then it would be "offline". 

hannukn

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
This is an old discussion, but I reply anyway. Perhaps someone might find my tip useful. I had the same problem. Symptoms: The cloudstation seen as offline by pogoplug, but works ok in LAN and computers can access it. Possible cause: Default Gateway Address is not correct in cloudstation settings. Log in to your NAS. If you dont know the ip, run "NAS Navigator" . It can be downloaded from Buffalo web site (http://www.buffalo-cloudstation.com/en/downloads.htm) It shows the ip. The default password is "password". Check Device settings -->System-->Network. The network settings can be set manually or automatically (selection at the top). If automatic, it requires that dhcp server is on (in modem or router). If you set it manually, the default gateway ip address is usually the ip address of your modem or router. Primary DNS Server is usually same as the gateway ip. The local ip address is the ip of your cloudstation.

charlestrevino

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2022, 02:59:22 AM »
This is something that is occurring to me as well. It was operating OK for me until I tried to access files using myCloudstor and was unable to do so. I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2022, 03:01:48 AM »
Buffalo discontinued remote access with pogoplug 5+ years ago. Is pogoplug even still a thing anymore?!
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

briona112

• Calf
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 01:38:26 AM »
Chrome OS does not have native support for SMB file shares. You have to add an extension to the OS.