Author Topic: Linkstation ls-xl....anyway to get a non crippled bittorent client?  (Read 3940 times)

Zekesdad

• Calf
The BitTorrent client on this machine is sad. Nearly all the usefull functions from the full program are missing. Is there anyway to install a real program webui?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation ls-xl....anyway to get a non crippled bittorent client?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:26 AM »

Nope, the BT client is exactly that, a download manager, it is fully functional for this purpose.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
Hahaha...... "fully functional". Is this a joke? Am I on camera? I'm not a grandmother, I've used bittorent before, I know what "fully functional" looks like. At the extreme low end of the definition of the word you might call it functional. I'm looking for a way to make it "slightly useful".

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 06:33:10 AM »

Zekesdad wrote:
I'm looking for a way to make it "slightly useful".

Meaning what? Can you not download torrents?!

Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 06:49:59 AM »
Calling this torrent program fully functional is much like calling a dEringer a fully functional gun. Like calling a dune buggy a fully functional automobile. Like calling a candy bar a fully functional dinner. I've got utorrent on my phone. It's awesome. I'd like to get the same functionality out of the linkstation that I get on my telephone.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 06:51:46 AM »

So are you doing to answer the question?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »

OK, I'll save you a response, the BT client cannot be updated to a version with more features.

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »
Awesome. This will be my one and only buffalo product.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 06:56:15 AM »

Good for you ;-)

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 07:05:49 AM »
You know what, yes I can download. But it's a pain in the butt. And it starts off at full speed, then goes to c r a p. And there aren't the options available that have become kinda expected since probably 2003 with azureus. And apparently, despite all that, my experience is somehow better than almost everyone else's, if searchIng google and this forum is to believed. So to call it fully functional is a narrow, underhanded joke.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 07:13:36 AM »

I appear to be downloading at full speed on both my devices, they are not the same as your device but use the same torrent GUI. Once ive opened the port and used the .torrent file instead of the URL i have had any issues.

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »
The right click and change priority/not download doesn't work on any browser I've used. The program doesn't automatically add torrents in a specific folder with bittorent on my phone does. It doesn't move completed torrents to a specific folder, it doesnt prioritize first and last pieces, it doesn't do half the things that it should.

Zekesdad

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »
Also, there isnt a way to see total ul/dl past 31 days

Nereis

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 03:36:00 PM »

I'm sorry to say but zekesdad has right... The bittorent client is bad and is block on many private trackers... 

And I don't speak about the speed of the configuration panel or the ldna of the ls-xl. 

Zeke, I actually don't find a way to change the client. It just don't appear in the only wiki who can help (http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/Main_Page). Look like to be a low cost version with the strict minimum a performance but just enough to sell dream on the box. 

Tell me if you find a solution to update this crappy client! 

[Edit] I found two explanations to get ssh access to the nas (http://www.l-lab.info/?p=59http://forum.buffalo.nas-central.org/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=24419). Then there is maybe a way to change the client. But I just can't find indication if that is possible. Someone try? 

Bye