Author Topic: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 - issues and problems on DLNA  (Read 51133 times)

dt-ls

• Calf
Re: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 has been released... outside of US
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2012, 06:09:33 PM »

I have this exact same issue (JS error: [778] Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '262' of null), but have not upgraded to the new firmware. I'm on 1.56 and I use normal torrent files, not magnetic links. I've tried switching DHCP off (suggested above), but still get the error. Also tried a reboot of both my router and my LS-CHL - nothing fixes it. I have noticed that not all torrents fail.

Right-Clicking on the torrent once in BT and going to properties, adding udp://tracker.1337x.org:80/announce gets it going.

Thanks

narong30

• Calf
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »

Mine working now. But still it show the error. 

But I'm glad it working. Don't know how. 

ssshonky

• Calf
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2012, 07:45:45 PM »

Ok , I just bought a new modem/router, tried downloading a few torrents on the buffalo and they all worked at top speed!

I was thinking maybe it was just a problem with my old modem , but reading this thread I see that I am not alone?

Question , if the firmware isnt the issue , and nothing is being updated on the nas, how are these things just working , then not working , then working again

anyone thought that one through?

Wannseesprinter

• Calf
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2012, 03:11:18 PM »

Hello,

same problem with Firmware 1.60 of Buffalos Europe Website. Using Terratecs Noxon 90elf Internet Radio over W-LAN: Media Server can not be found at first time. Even a restart of LinkStation Duo or Speedport Router doesn't fix that. Using same Device over LAN: Media Server can be found but the mp3-files play just a few moments, then disconnects. LinkStation sometimes appears in the menu on the radio, sometimes it seems the LinkStation is unable to grant access to the Noxon device.

Using the Bluray Player BD-C5500 of Samsung with the newest Firmware (don't know what Version that is): Playback via LAN of .wmv- and avi.-Files also run for a while but then the video stops and an error message from Player appears "No connection to media server". The BD-C5500 is directly connected via Ethernet Switch to the LinkStation.

Now it's my job to fix that and install Version 1.57 for now...

Hope this informations will help you. Excuse my bad english, i tried my best :)

Kind regards from Germany

Patrick

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »

For customers on FW1.60 and can't play AVI files from their Linkstation to a TV, Please email me your TV manufacturer, model number, and TV firmware revision (if you can't find the revision - send the other details and I'll find out how to determine the FW version). Also, send details about the AVI file - purchased, converted from another type of video file, etc.  Send to drmemory@buffalotech.com

Mykeemale

• Calf
Re: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 - issues and problems on DLNA
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2012, 04:27:36 AM »

Hi, can anyone tell me what version of the squeezebox server is running on 1.60?

Thanks

pbryd

• Calf
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2012, 07:09:07 AM »

I've sent you an email and here's the info on the TV that can't see the avi files on my Linkstation running FW 1.60

My Sony TV doesn't find .avi files served from my Linkstation running firmware 1.60

TV details

Brand: Sony
Model: KDL26EX320
Software: PKG4.012EVA-0104

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 08:53:44 AM »

pbryd - I received your email - thank you for sending the information - I replied to you with a few more questions that will help our engineers reproduce this issue in our labs.   If there are any more customers that would send their information, it will help us to reproduce and fix this issue faster. Thank you in advance.

erickmorco

• Calf
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »

hi! i am using LS-CHL V2 with firmware 1.6 and time to time it is disconnecting with my Onkyo tx-nr1007.  My pc is not experiencing this connecion issue with my audio video receiver.

bastono

• Calf
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2012, 08:25:58 PM »

It happened to me on firmware 1.60. Try downgrading to firmware 1.57 or 1.58 and it solve the problem.

In fact, I am currently using 1.57, but the media server / twonky are updated to 1.60.

For me, this is the best combination that works so far.. 

allmaster

• Calf
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »

New LinkStation firmware 1.61 has been released today!!!

any change to media server?

pbryd

• Calf
Re: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 - issues and problems on DLNA
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »

There's a 1.62 version for Windows released on 20.9.12.

I'm not able to upgrade my Linkstation atm it'll probably have to wait until the weekend.

Has anyone updated to the new firmware?

lab34

• Calf
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2012, 03:20:14 AM »

Hi,

I have upgraded my linkstation from 1.57 to 1.61

One change on the media server: The admin interface on 9000 port doesnt work anymore :-(

My problem is that there was an option (something related with extended presentation, dont remembrer exactly the name), and with this option off, my dlna radio sort the music alphabetically. (it's a chinese clone of many reciva radio)  And without access to this specific twonky interface, the ability to customize this behavior is very poor on the nas admin interface...

Maybe the twonky interface is now on another port ? I will try a portscan...

allmaster

• Calf
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

try port 9050

lab34

• Calf
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »

thank you !

it's on http://my_nas:9050/config