Author Topic: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 - issues and problems on DLNA  (Read 51131 times)

mjs2012

• Calf
Re: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 has been released... outside of US
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »

allmaster wrote:

It works .... :D

but the led now it's always orange (because it detects the update online) and I feel blue 'cause I like the blue :-(

to downgrade you need the zip file of 1.57 version and then modify "LSUpdater.ini" to set flags VersionCheck = 0

thanks for the update, do you (or anyone else!) have a link to the 1.57 zip file please?

alex_aaa

• Calf
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »

Same problem with .AVIs, here in Latvia (Eastern Europe). DLNA TV is PHILIPS 37PFL7605. With 1.57 everything was fine. Will try downgrading to 1.57 for now.

alex_aaa

• Calf
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »

guys, any ideas where to get 1.57 for downgrading? can't find any.. pls share

mjs2012

• Calf
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:22 PM »

I've found the US version, but would prefer to find the EU version if anyone can help us..

http://www.techworks.com/support/downloads/linkstation-live-ls-xl/

alex_aaa

• Calf
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2012, 04:07:54 PM »

Thanks a lot! But is there anybody who can tell if there is any significant difference between US and EU versions?

mikeprocess

• Calf
After Upgrade to 1.60 new avi files don't show in directory on Samsung TV
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »

I have a LS-CHL1.0TL   After upgrading to firmware 1.60 it seems that any new avi files I download don't show up on my Samsung TV Model #: UN40D6000SFXZC.  It's almost like the directory list on the TV isn't refreshing?  (old files before the download still show up and are accessible)  My MP3 files show up on the TV but not the new AVI ones.  I use Windows 7 and see them on the computer.  I also have a Patriot Box Office Media Player and the files DO show up on it's directory...just not on my Samsung TV. 

If I put the new AVI files in the "recorded TV" directory on my computer my Samsung TV then sees them and they can be played.  But not from the LS-CHL1.0TL.

I'd be interested in a link to the old 1.57 firmware.  What's been posted so far for a link just takes one to the new firmware.  Thanks all

drmemory

• Big Bull

how much time have you waited for the new AVI files to be reindexed into the LS index of files? This can take several hours.

mikeprocess

• Calf

Thanks for the reply.  It's been 24 hours since I upgraded the firmware to 1.60.  Is their a manual way to refresh or reindex?

drmemory

• Big Bull

depends on the LS model - a mod can help with that question - how long has it been since you loaded more AVI files?

mjs2012

• Calf

mikeprocess wrote: What's been posted so far for a link just takes one to the new firmware.  Thanks all

Try this one

http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/home-and-small-office/linkstation-live-1

(click the "downloads" tab)

drmemory

• Big Bull

The 1.60 LS firmware releases are identical in all areas of the world (except for language with some)

To reflash, follow the Force Firmware sticky at the top of the Storage Board - the most important part is to change the flag in the ini file to 0, from 1, to allow you to reflash the same FW to the unit, in case of a bad FW update.

There is a Update List option in the media server part of the FW. This should force the media/movies/etc to update faster.

mjs2012

• Calf
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »

alex_aaa wrote:

Thanks a lot! But is there anybody who can tell if there is any significant difference between US and EU versions?

I have just downgraded using the US file and it has worked just fine- all my AVIs now visible again.

Solan

• Calf

Access LinkStation IP address    http://IP-address:9050   and select Maintenance, then click Rebuild database.

mikeprocess

• Calf

>Try this one

>http://www.buffalotech.com/products/network-storage/home-and-small-office/linkstation-live-1

Do you know the password for this firmware?  Is it:  "password"  ?  Thanks

alex_aaa

• Calf
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 03:02:04 AM »

>alex_aaa wrote:

>Thanks a lot! But is there anybody who can tell if there is any significant difference between US and >EU versions?

>I have just downgraded using the US file and it has worked just fine- all my AVIs now visible again.

Thanks again, i haven't taken the risk myself, but now i'll do the same!