Author Topic: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 - issues and problems on DLNA  (Read 51251 times)

bastono

• Calf

FYI, I noticed that new firmware 1.60 has been release in Buffalo Asia and Europe website. 

You may download the firmware on the following Buffalo site (outside of US).

http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en/download.html

http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=ar&to=ls_vl

I was wondering why it's not listed on US site though notification about IP-DTCP 1.6 is listed. 

---------------------------------

EDIT notes: I changed the topic title to better represent content of discussion... 

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: New LinkStation firmware 1.60 has been released... outside of US
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 03:36:28 AM »

It will probably be added today, if not then in the next couple of days.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »

USA Quality Engineering is still testing the USA version - expect this to be released for download early next week on the USA download site.

bastono

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:16:47 AM »
That's a very good decision to test new firmware before upload it on the forum. I have upgraded my linkstation from 1.58 to 1.60. The upgrade went well and I also updated the DTP from 1.4 to 1.6. With this there's some improvement on the media server. Now my Samsung LED TV can play the video from DLNA with option for forward/backward which wasn't possible on firmware prior to these upgrade. However, I got some serious problem now as the media sever keep disconnected from time to time. Not sure it's the problem from the firmware or DTP. Hope the tech guys at buffalo US can look further about this.

migzy

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

no problems with disconnection on my media server on 1.6 and streaming mkv and avi no problem on my samsung tv :-)

good pointer if you want files to show immediately change the rescan in minutes to -1 on the twonky server http://nas ip address:9050 under sharing

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:22:10 AM »

good posts - please let us know specific TV model numbers that are having issues, and supply as much detail (file types) as possible.

mjs2012

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »

Hi All - since installing 1.60 on my 3TB Linkstation Live, AVI files on the device are no longer picked up on my Sony KDL-26EX320. They still show on my PS3 and PC. AVI files are still streaming fine from my PC to the KDL-26EX320, so I don't think it's the TV. The only files streaming from the Linkstation now are MPG, MP4 and MP3. The vast majority of my files on the Linkstation are AVI so this is a real pain, any suggestions on how to fix it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »

what country are you in, and from what country's download did you get this from? Downloading from japan's website can have different FW that from other countries.

If you are a USA/Canada customer, please wait for the USA download for this FW to finish going through QA, and be posted on the USA download site, or you may experience issues due to different regional FW.

mjs2012

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:01 PM »

I am in the UK, and was prompted to download the update when I accessed Websetting via NASNavigator2- I didn't choose to update as such. Websetting handled the download for me so I don't know which country's file it has used.

guschdl

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »

I installed the FW update 1.6 to my Linkstation LS/WX2.0TL. There were no problems with the installation.

After the installation the Media Server dosnt work well. After starting a movia via Blu-Ray-Player the movie stops and the player looses the connection to the Linkstation. Watsching the Movie directly via USB on the Blu-Ray-Player works normally.

What can i do ?

Thanks

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »

please specify more details, such as type of movie file being played. What location are you in, from what BT downloads did you download 1.6 from?

guschdl

• Calf
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »

The movie is a avi file. I downloaded and installed the update via the linkstation web admin console.

I am in Germany, if this helps

allmaster

• Calf
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

my SONY BRAVIA KDL 32EX520 whit the new firmware 1.60 doesn't see the avi file anymore, mp4 file work fine

if I browse the catalog of LinkStastion whit Windows Media Player he put a warning next the avi

guschdl

• Calf
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »

It seems to be not only a problem with avi files. The same problem happens with m2ts files. After a little bit mire than a minute the connection to the linkstation is lost.

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »

yes, all details help, include type of file, your location, what BT site downloaded from, how you installed it. Might be that some of the above issues are caused by by download or install (corrupt) but that is up to support to determine - I'm here to give feedback to the engineers. If anyone is having trouble, please try redownloading and installing one more time, in case of an issue during download or installing, so I can report correctly to the engineers.  Also, use your browser and enter:  IP (of your LS):9050  then to Settings, and tell me what version of Twonky shows up for your LS. 9050 is your Twonky port where the Twonky settings are.