Author Topic: disconnected network drive after restart  (Read 3892 times)

WileyCoyote

• Calf
disconnected network drive after restart
« on: January 26, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
   My Link Station (LS-CL) appears to be working correctly, but I keep getting "unable to reconnect network drive errors" when ever I restart my computers.  I'm running an LS-CL (fw 1.06), two desk tops w/ XP Pro SP3, one laptop w/ XP Pro SP3, one desk top w/ Vista and one laptop w/ Vista (both Vista computers have the Buffalo patch installed).  All of the computers are able to access the printer, get web access to the drive and map the drive.  However, when ever I restart a computer I get the disconnected network drive error and the red x icon.  I can click on the icon, reenter my logon in/password and  it comes right back up again.  I've made sure that the reconnect at start up button was checked, used the same login/password for all of the computers. This is getting really irritating.  Any suggestions?

Dustrega

• Big Bull
Re: disconnected network drive after restart
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »

WileyCoyote,

It is possible that Windows (either XP or Vista) were not able to resolve a network connection before starting up (happens to me all the time).  The questions I need you to answer are:

1. Do the connections eventually establish?

2. Are the network drive connections mapped by IP address? (if not then refer here for support on mapping via IP)

If the drives are mapped via IP address your computer is able to resolve the connections much faster when they first start up than when mapped by the NAS network name.  I hope you find this information helpful.

WileyCoyote

• Calf
Re: disconnected network drive after restart
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:08:46 PM »
   Thanks for the quick response.  I have the drive mapped by name, not by IP.  After a restart, the computers will never reconnect to the drives by themselves.  I can map the drive fine, but it won't stay connected after a restart.  (the link you posted isn't working for me)