Author Topic: Password Encryption software incompatible with 64 bit OS, PC doesn't recognize unauthenticated drive  (Read 1464 times)

Xaz999

• Calf
I recently purchased a 500 GB MiniStation Plus from Newegg. I set up the drive and set up the encryption password and began moving files to the drive. After shutting down my computer and plugging the drive in again, the drive showed up in my library as a CD drive. The red light comes on in the drive. From what I have gathered that jsut means that I can't access the USB part of the drive due to the fact that the passwrod has to be entered. When I go to the enter password function on the encryption manager I get a message that states "cannot find a drive for which the password is not authenticated."
I found the below post that states that the software is not compatible with a 64 bit OS. I am running a 64 bit Windows OS on an Asus Laptop and while the actual drive is compatible with my computer, I can no longer access the data I have on the drive because I cannot unlock it to actually access everything. Is there any fix to this issue?
(Previous Post)
Running Bull - Moderator
JoshC

Re: "This program doesn't operate in current OS. It ends."

Secure Lock is not compatible with 64-bit operating systems.

** No trees were harmed by the transmission of this message. However a few
million electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.**