Author Topic: Thunderbolt and Time Mashine backups  (Read 2783 times)

0_o-booni

• Calf
Thunderbolt and Time Mashine backups
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »

There are other 2 questions I have. Now I am thinking to upgrade a bit and use Time Mashine for backups, which works fine. One of my main drives is a external USB 3.0 drive from Buffalo, but I need to connect it for backups.

Is there a LAn solution where I can hook up my external drive to and my Time mashine backups happen over WLAN whenever I am connected. I heard it works, but are Buffalo products compatible? Which products do I need for it?

Another question is weather you will release some external drives with Thunderbolt or not.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Thunderbolt and Time Mashine backups
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:40:21 AM »

USB3.0 and Thunderbolt HDD: http://www.buffalo-technology.com/en/buffalo-launches-first-dual-interface-thunderbolt-portable-hdd.html

Not really sure about your first question, you might be able to connect the USB HDD to a router and backup over WLAN, however as far as I'm aware no Buffalo router supports TM backups.

Your other option would be to get a NAS.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

0_o-booni

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:07:32 AM »

Thanks for the fast respond. I wodner if the HDD will be comming any soon to Germany. I don't see exact names in the news. I guess I have to wait a bit for that.

As for my second question, I would need to get a NAS is my guess now. Will collect some info in first. Thanks

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »

Your welcome, looking at the press release for the USB3.0/TB it drive will be available "mid summer"

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

0_o-booni

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »

I am looking forward. It would be nice to see the full names, to know what to look for :D