Author Topic: LinkStation (2TB) - Windows cannot access....(for one folder...other folders are fine)  (Read 1730 times)

steve02a

• Calf

I have a Buffalo LinkStation 2TB.  It's on my network (not plugged in via USB).  I'm accessing the Buffalo from my Windows 2008 server (or any computer on the network, but mostly just from my server).

Up until 2 days ago, this unit has been working flawless.  Now, I'm getting "windows cannot access... \\<device_name>\backups

I have 3 folders:

1.  Info

2.  Backups

3.  Share

I can access the Info and Share folder.  No problem.  Add/remove files all day if if I want.

When I try to access my \backups folder, that's when I get the "windows cannot access".....and I don't get it. I mean, I know what the error means, but I don't understand why'd I just get this out of nowhere when last week, everything work working 100% well.  And why only one one folder?  I could understand this error on an entire device (or computer on the network)...but for one folder??   I've restarted the device several times.  Even created a new folder called "test" and it works totally fine.  Yea, I'm a little lost on this one...over one folder.

Thanks 

jamesnb

• Tatanka

I guess the LS just lost it way :)

Anyway, I would create a new folder, then copy all the contents from the old "backup" folder to the new one and delete the old, see if it helps

On the hand, you may want to check the permission, under shared folder setting for this particular folder.

Good luck

steve02a

• Calf

Actually tried that too, and no luck - still can't access.  On top of all this (which might be related), I'm getting Error code E22 - disk 1 mount.  After reading the forum here, I'm almost convinced my drive is failing (in which case, I'll just replace the entire unit to get a 4TB one).

Jotin

• Big Bull

Yeah, just replace it. Most likely a disk is going bad or it or depending, on the model, the raid failed.