Author Topic: LS 500GL problems... Help :(  (Read 1877 times)

OnionKnight

• Calf
LS 500GL problems... Help :(
« on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

So first a little back story: A friend of mine gave me a Linkstation a couple of months ago, it was a LS 500GL and after setting it up it work perfectly. I could access it anywhere so i start filling it with over 400gb off holiday photo's and movies.

A few weeks back all of a sudden it stopped working, the red error light blinked, when i looked it up it seemed that there was a problem with the fan.(very random, i didn't drop it or anything. It was just laying) Now my friend had another LS 500GL so i replaced the fan with the other one but that didn't work.

So i thought; why not put the hard disk, in the working LS. And so i did but it the error light started blinking again that it didn't recognized the hard disk.... So now i've put the hard disk back in the old one and tried replacing the fan again and it started! But  now it ALSO gives me the error that it doesn't recognize the hard disk. AAAAAAAARGH.

I don't know what to do anymore, i have a perfectly functioning LS, but it's empty, and i can't transfer the data from one disk to the other! :(

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS 500GL problems... Help :(
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 12:06:03 PM »

how often was the error LED flashing? 4 times? This is ont actually a fan error, it is a kernal error.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

OnionKnight

• Calf
Re: LS 500GL problems... Help :(
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »

I took the hard disk to work where we connected it using SATA and booted it up in Linux. It said something like Data faillure is imminent... :( I guess it is really dead then...