Author Topic: 0x8007003B error copying large files to a TeraStation™ III - TS-XL/R5  (Read 3346 times)

manly1138

• Calf

I made four Windows 7 disk images of Windows 7 PC's using the built in Windows 7 backup and restore function,  I've done a restore with them so I know the files are ok.

Each directory is about 18 megs.  I can copy all four directories from my Buffalo 1 TB USB 3 HD to my Windows 7 Pro PC with no problem.

I have a persistent mapped drive (N:) on my PC to the Terastation.  When I try to copy these directories from either my C drive or from the Buffalo USB3 drive to the Terastation I get an 0X8007003B error every time.  When I look at the file that s being copied at the time of error it is always the largest VHD file.

I am using a TerraStation - TS-XE8.OTL/R5 with firmware 1.55

My Windows 7 PC has service pack 1 and is fully windows updated.

PC and NAS are on the same subnet and there is no AD

Please tell me there is a solution to this...I know the SMB code for that terrastation is old as there has been no firmware update in 17 months.  I have had it for under two years so it is still under warranty.

UPDATE  

I have TS-8VH16TL/R6 with firmware 1.10 on the same network with a persistant mapped drive (M:) from the same Windows PC.  I can copy these directories to it with no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.  Since the offending Terastation it is under warranty what do I do?

hasdrubal

• Calf
Re: 0x8007003B error copying large files to a TeraStation™ III - TS-XL/R5
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:28:53 PM »
I am facing the same problem with LS-WX4.0TL/R1-EU . It disappears from the LAN Network or from WiFI. I am on Windows 7 x64.