Author Topic: How long does it take to "check"?  (Read 1728 times)

Robinson

• Calf
How long does it take to "check"?
« on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:14 AM »

Speed is pretty slow with my link station (it's an LS-WX6.0).  Looking at the web interface it says it's "Checking".  When I plugged it in the first thing I did was to delete the Raid-0 array, create a Raid-1 array and format.  How long will checking take?  Also, we had two power cuts last night.  Will this have affected the system?  Would it be safer for me to start the process over, i.e. format again?  I haven't copied any data over yet.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: How long does it take to "check"?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 04:56:48 AM »

the check can take upwards for 24 hours to complete. If the unit is rebooted during the process then it will need to start again from the beginning.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Robinson

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:59:15 AM »

Ok, so it's all unattended, i.e. I don't have to do anything to it.  But is it OK for me to start copying across onto it whilst it's checking?  Presumably the check is just slowing it down rather than blocking it (as I can access the drive on the network).

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:43:19 AM »

The check is there to make sure the RAID is operating successfully. Ideally you should wait until it is complete.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Robinson

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:21 AM »

Ok thanks a lot.