Author Topic: Linkstation Mini web access won't work from outside home  (Read 5249 times)

don_mv

• Calf
Linkstation Mini web access won't work from outside home
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:16:15 PM »

I have been trying to get my web access from buffalonas.com to work.  I have a dsl modem hooked up to a wireless hub that my computers use.  The linkstation mini is hooked up to a dsl modem lan.  Buffalonas.com can see my drive if I go to the web site from home but it can't find it when i'm at work (or anywhere outside the home network).

My netgear dsl modem has UpnP on, is dhcp server (linkstation IP is static though) I have port 9000 port triggering on, I gave the linkstation dns servers that all my other computers use, I have RIP-2B on in both directions, my dsl modem lan IP is DMZ server. 

Why doesn't web access work??  It doesn't show up in the UPnP port list, it doesn't show up as an attached device on the dsl modem's ip list.

However the linkstation works fine.  I have it mapped as a drive on my computers, i have shared files all set up.

I have been unable to update its firmware,  it has ver 1.03 now.  Help!!

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Linkstation Mini web access won't work from outside home
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »

Can you access the web server via \\Public_IP_Address:9000

If yo can not then consult your ISP to ensure that they are not closing any ports on you.

don_mv

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Mini web access won't work from outside home
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:13:33 PM »

I I couldn't access at ip:9000 either.  However I did fix it.  I plugged my DSL modem into the LAN of the wireless router instead of the WAN and UPNP ports showed up on DSL modem.  I didn't have to manually assign any IP's or port forwarding or port triggering.  Just like its supposed to work.  In this configuration I can't access the wireless router HTML GUI anymore so I hope it doesn't matter.

I later tried FTP and did have to forward port 21 for that to work. 

Why doesn't Linkstation UPNP do that too??  I should if FTP is on!!