Author Topic: Need assistance to move disks from damaged LS-QVL to a new one...  (Read 1596 times)

webkeeper666

• Calf

Ok can anyone offer some suggestions as to how to move a complete RAID1 (array1), from a damaged LS-QVL to a new replacement. Without having to manually reconfigure the new one all over again.

Open to all options, cloning, rsync, etc.

Surely there has to be a way to take the disks out of one unit and place them into another identical once the damaged one is replaced...

Thanks in advance.

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Need assistance to move disks from damaged LS-QVL to a new one...
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »

Use NS-SHFT to save the config, swap drives, flash the firmware on to the new device and then use the app to reload the config file.

webkeeper666

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »

Thanks for your prompt response , this NS-SHFT, is this sofware I can download from somewhere,  or is this a process to place the unit in a particular state so you can backup the config. Any direction is welcome.

In the meanwhile I will keep google'ng this, (I have found everthing but this, and they are all games of some sort)

Thanks in advance.

webkeeper666

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 12:03:13 AM »
OK... I have found the software and will have a look at how it works.
Once again thanks for assistance, will post back shortly,

NOT HAPPY...
I have downloaded it and installed it but it does not recignise the LS-QVL on the network.  I am starting to feel very disalusioned with Buffallo, that they made this software and they have not included the LS-QVL also. So much for a PRO classed item, didn't they think the units would ever fail.

I will call tech support here in Australia and see what they say.

Will post back later, in the mean time if you have any ideas as how to make this work with these Linkstation Pro Quad (LS-QVL), please let me know.

Once again I thank you.