Author Topic: TeraStation constantly goes to sleep  (Read 3693 times)

aplus

• Calf
TeraStation constantly goes to sleep
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:48 PM »

I've got a client with a TeraStation that keeps going to sleep.  Model TS-H0.0TGL/R5, running firmware 1.35  I see no sleep related settings in the web admin interface, and there's no physical switch on the back to toggle auto/manual power mode.  Any advice?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: TeraStation constantly goes to sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:32:46 AM »

How is it "giong to sleep?".

aplus

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

It just goes offline.  Can't ping it, can't connect to it.  The workaround is to leave a windows explorer session open...map a drive and leave the window open to maintain a connection.  When the TeraStation isn't actively being accessed by a client computer, it shuts down.  But I haven't been able to isolate the schedule (i.e. inactive for 2 hrs...6 hrs...)

aplus

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

This is still an outstanding issue...anybody have any ideas?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:58 AM »

If the device is not actually turning off then it is not shutting down. This is most likely either a network issue or a firmware issue. Follow FAQ 2 of 5 to reinstall the firmware. If that does not work then you will want to restore the interface to the unit by going to maintenance and then initialization. If that fails then check your network for issue. You can also directly attach the unit to a PC to bypass the network. Try using a different computer than the one that you are having the issue with.